My League of Legends Story

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EddieJ

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
LOL banning Garen and Tryndamere on SR.

Why are we upvoting the uninformed QQ of someone who isn't even level 30?
lololol

Henry Plainview

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HÉROINÉ ADDICT View Post
No, we aren't being complete jackasses and actually trying to explain a few things to him. Is that okay scrooge?
It is! But this thread would be at -10 if it didn't have a red post. Just saying.

cottonycloud

10-30-2012

Quote:
  • How overpowered certain champions are I agree with this (look at tourneys), but in many cases it boils down to skill. People can use the same cards, but I feel a few of the champions are not as broken as thought. Tryndamere, Garen are barely played for me
  • How the camera angles in Summoners right can ruin a game I don't think it matters too much (unlocked screen). The map geometry is more important.
  • The lack of punishment for people refusing to play on correct serversDon't see why this is an issue
  • Being matched with players who are extremely more experienced Experience =/= skill
  • Poor Scaling of turret and minion damage throughout the game It's so they don't become impenetrable fortresses to turtle the game, they were even more fragile when Yi and TF could bd
  • Games becoming one sided within the first 5 minutes it doesn't snowball THAT hard
Sigh.

KesslerCOIL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Totally agree with the OP on Blitzcrank.
One grab can be the difference between winning your lane or losing it, and you can land many.

Henry Plainview

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Snort View Post
And please. Don't patronize and say "oh they don't balance for DOM" ... that is the most condescending pile of trash and just don't even bother. If you post that, you are a pompous nolifer. Really. DOM accentuates flaws... it multiplies the issues with champs... it fast forwards the games to "end game" really quickly as opposed to classic where it takes some time to hit max level. DOM is PERFECT to point out very quickly the problems with champs and over-powerdness. It quickens all meta to "end game" meta in under 20 mins instead of 40. Thats it. Thats all.
What? No, some champions are really strong on Dominion because Dominion is a completely different setting. I mean, unless you think Poppy is OP...

Bhanchod

10-30-2012

1.) As stated by the 3rd commenter, banned champions aren't blatantly overpowered, but have the ability to have team wide impact.

Shen: He is a tank and a split pusher, but at the end of the day, his taunt is dodge able, the shield can be burned down consistently and his damage is not absurd in terms of a tank, but is banned, due to the fact that it is more difficult to play against the immense of an extra player coming out of nowhere. But this being said, he's counter able by people who push hard, and if the Shen leaves lane his tower will fall (obviously if played correctly).

Tryndamere: More of an annoyance and lower bracket ban, his ultimate is hard to fight against, but his laming phase is horrible, especially against the new generation of top laners.

Blitzcrank: At a certain elo, people will dodge/hide away from blitzcrank's grab with ease, and I mean with ease, and he will have almost nothing left to contribute other than the odd power fist (compared to other supports like alistar, w/ 2 large cc's and a "invulnerabitly")

Amumu, Malphite: Very strong in solo play, in coordinated play and higher skill caps, people find proper range spreads to prevent 5 man catches from ults. In malphites case, keep him away from the ad and it will be fine.

Katarina: Shut down in lane, and with a mix of aoe damage (she's squishy but is melee) and hard crowd control (to stop ult). These two factor are often lacking in many solo que games, hence her being a ban sometimes.

Rengar, Darius: These two would be the ones that would fall in "borderline overpowered", but I personally believe is just that a large weakness has yet to be found is all, and they will fade into normal picks with time.

Garen: No idea why he's even banned, no offense.

4.) Draft is a mode for more experienced players in general, as it is a practice ranked mode, therefore more "skilled" than those you find in blind pick. Also if I assume your level 15, the match maker is probably having a hard time finding level 15's playing draft, as most of them are still in blind pick, therefore you're being paired with higher levels in order to decrease your waiting time.

5.) This is of course a matter of opinion, but the current scaling allows for early game to defined as a laning phase, since towers and creeps are relatively strong to our low level champions, keeping us in a "passive" state of being in the lanes and farming. As the scaling of towers and minions dies down, this decreases the need to stay in lane, and allows for more risky maneuvers allowing for the game to transition to a team fighting stage, where minions become trivial, and towers are less influential to prevent TOO much turtling by the defending team.

6.) Assuming 5 minutes is an exaggeration, but regardless, the higher level, and higher elo community has a myriad, upon myriad examples of turn arounds in even the most ridiculous of losing situations. But just to inform you, there is a statistic out there (forgot the details but it was a rioter who posted it) that first blood only wins 20 - 30% of some games. Therefore if your statement were to be true, the statistic would have to be inflated to at least 60%+ for you to see this commonplace enough to post this. As once again, assuming your within a lower level, team cohesion and other things are factors to this, and it will get better later on.

Henry Plainview

10-30-2012

However, I do sympathize OP that the matchmaking is absolutely terrible for the pre-30s. I don't know why Riot lets it stay like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhanchod View Post
Garen: No idea why he's even banned, no offense.
I was in a draft game earlier today and the captain banned Garen and Volibear. I looked him up and he was level 28. I don't know why I got matched with him, but fortunately someone else dodged.

Senator Snort

10-30-2012

Quote:
What? No, some champions are really strong on Dominion because Dominion is a completely different setting. I mean, unless you think Poppy is OP...

At it's base... it accelerates meta... so while I can totally agree that between X to X level X champ has a higher chance of winning due to flat mathematics... the point is that if we are all building a team for the "end game" meta, then DOM is the near-perfect place to hold that experiment. It fast forwards the game quickly... and people who know their champs can still exploit their strong levels especially adding the right items.

EddieJ

10-30-2012

blitz is not OP lolol

Riot Romulus

Manager, Social Media Team

Follow Romulus on Twitter

10-30-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
LOL banning Garen and Tryndamere on SR.

Why are we upvoting the uninformed QQ of someone who isn't even level 30?
No one is upvoting QQ, we're upvoting a constructive post asking for some feedback on his perception of the game as he's leveling.

1234567 ... 10