Foxfire Ahri: artwork's face needs to be redone!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yanoflies

10-30-2012

The in-game model looks amazing, the particle effects are amazing. In the art work ... the face looks nothing like how Ahri looks. Something about the facial expression, the eyes, nose and mouth look really out of place. Does anybody else feel the same way?

TacoBlade

11-02-2012

She is sexy!!! ;~;

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-03-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Not sure if this'll be addressed any time soon. We've got a lot of splash art to rework and this probably isn't the biggest priority.

Fayt Saotome

11-03-2012

I love that artwork, better not touch her face.

jumpluffers

11-03-2012

This is controversial, I know, but I feel like this about several skins that have come out recently, particularly Foxfire Ahri and Frostblade Irelia. They have very similar expressions that don't really look like the classic faces (in that they are kind of indistinct and not particularly recognisable). They are otherwise lovely skins with great art, but the faces are a little off-putting for me. I know that because they're so new and better than a lot of skins and have a lot of fans that they're unlikely to be touched at any point, so the main purpose of this post is because I hope the artists will keep this issue in mind for the future and vary up the facial expressions/emphasis differentiating features that make the champions recognisable as themselves underneath the cosmetic enhancements.

I'm really happy with the ever-increasing quality of the art, so I hope my comments will be taken as constructive criticism and not complaining! I respect the hard work that goes into making new skins and champions and have bought a bunch, and I'd hate to discourage the artists. Thanks for making this forum~

Zeirnaton

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

better not touch dat ass on my frostblade irelia

exelsis xax

11-03-2012

Hell no. The rest of her skins are just ****ty. Foxfire ahri is actually hot, because it isn't just a **** skin.

It's a murder **** skin. Which is hot and awesome.

apparently you can't say sl ut

ArmySquirrel

11-05-2012

I'd be hesitant to see the Foxfire Ahri splash touched. That splash made her skin insta-buy for me, and only two skins have been insta-buy since I started playing last year (the other being Iron Solari Leona). I love how badass it makes Ahri look, angry instead of her usual sultry self. I very much appreciated that aspect of the splash. The expression on her face is uncharacteristic compared to her other splashes, but then isn't that how anger is a lot of the time? Most people are not always angry. To me, Ahri's face in that splash is very much Ahri, just Ahri when she's really, really mad.

Now admittedly she doesn't look angry on her game model, but I really don't mind that. I mean maybe the face could be tweaked a little if it's too glaring a difference for a lot of people (it doesn't bother me, because I think both the splash and model are beautiful), but I feel the angry expression should be kept. It's why I love that skin. That splash just screams "KILLING SPREE!" And the guy above clearly agrees. I also have a friend who upon first seeing the Foxfire Ahri splash said out loud "Oh my God! She looks so badass!" That pretty much sums it up.

For my part I instantly recognized Ahri, but I do feel there is a bit of a difference in the art style of this splash compared to her other splashes, not that I mind.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

9 downvotes

7 replies

4 replies explaining their reason for disagreeing with the OP(they like the face in the splash art)

3 are neutral, so I suspect they didn't downvote

**** this trollish community.

Whoever is in charge of forum features and making it a better place. Ever considered making it a mandatory requirement to add a post with an explanation for disagreement in order to downvote an OP so there won't be so many empty troll downvotes?

As for my opinion on the subject matter. I'm fine with it. Splash arts very rarely look like in-game models. Just look at Wicked Lulu, shows her about to do some amazing damage with a magical beam cannon(damage-dealing)...the actual Lulu isn't even close to that representation.