Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ashe is too weak

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NakamuraKanade

11-14-2012

Quote:
Aralonde:
She also has a global ult that can stun multiple people. And permaslow people. And her damage is fine. Oh and hawk shot provides utility too.

Wrong.
She can only stun one at a time.

bunies

11-14-2012

Quote:
Aralonde:
She also has a global ult that can stun multiple people. And permaslow people. And her damage is fine. Oh and hawk shot provides utility too.

hiting her ult any rate is retardedly hard
perma slow can easily be obtained via lizzard buff, fage, trinity, or frozne malet

her inate passive is utter trash past first 3 minutes of the game

oh and hawk shot is garbage of a skill

GuyWonder

11-14-2012

Oh boy this thread again. Ashe's problem: her innate and lack of escape or immediate dodge/knock back like Caitlyn or Vayne. But Ashe isn't Caitlyn or Vayne, those two lack snares applicable through attacks like Ashe. Therefore Ashe's innate is her only real problem.

GFireflyE

11-14-2012

Ashe is by far the slowest AD champ. It takes her forever before her damage is actually worthwhile.

I agree that her passive needs a boost. IMO, it should only apply to champs. Thus, only increase inbetween champ hits too. Creeps should be removed from the equation. This will give Ashe the early game sustain that she currently lacks, since she can now focus on farming AND have crit threat against opponents that get to close.

Her final ulti could travel a little faster too imo. Also, it would be really fantasitic if the UI showed opponents cubed in ice for the duration of this stun. (similar to sej).

Tykune

11-14-2012

I will admit that Ashe does need a slight buff, and I dont even own the champion. Just pwn them.

JohntheMage

11-14-2012

Ashe is quite good and does not need buffs. She has tons of utility and becomes a hyper carry late game. I'm not saying she doesn't have weaknesses since every champ does, but I feel like she is well-balanced.

Of course, all the S3 changes will affect the potency of pretty much every champ in the game, so we will have to wait and see.

LeaTelamon

11-14-2012

I think the problem with Ashe is that they want her to do too many things at the same time but she's not really doing any either thing particularly well. She's not a carry, she's not a support, she's definitely not bruiser nor is she a caster. The only reason why you'd pick Ashe as a carry is for her ultimate essentially, and perhaps the slow if your team for some reason really needs it although that's usually less of the reason why anyone would ever pick Ashe.

She needs a damage buff because even if you compare her to say, Varus, her damage ratio is much lower. Give Varus some good attack speed which he can easily attain mid-late game and he will do much more damage than Ashe ever will, even though Varus is more of a pseudo-AD caster. Even then, Varus is the stronger carry between the two. He does more damage than Ashe, has almost the same utility thanks to his R and has one of the strongest pokes in the game with a range that is greater than Caitlyn's and is easier to aim with due to no aim downtime.

Also if we look at Varus' kit, his entire kit actually synergizes really well with what he does and what he's supposed to do. Ashe needs a damage buff early game for one thing. Her basic attack damage is abysmal. Also, her abilities don't synergize well at all. She's got her stun and snare, but as others have pointed out, her passive is rubbish and so is her E. The scouting is nice, but there are several issues with it. For one, the built-in GP5 effect is a very poor mechanic that looks good on paper but is not so good in practice since no one will actually skill up Hawkshot before they skill the Q and W.

One thing that I think could really work out better is to actually have Ashe perhaps deal more damage to frozen targets when she activates her Q. For a snare it's good I guess, but yet I somehow feel that it's actually quite weak. Her Q is essentially only used for chasing enemies down, but beyond this, it has little utility.

Her W is all right as it is I think and doesn't need to be changed much.

Her passive is atrocious as others have pointed out. If Riot doesn't want to give her a random chance to crit, they should perhaps build in an innate ability to either a) stun an enemy who is snared or b) increase the damage done to snared targets. This will be a much needed steroid in my opinion and put her on par with other ADCs without making her overpowered. She's not quite UP, but she's not really as strong as she could and should be either.

Her Hawshot has to be revamped. The idea of putting some kind of on-use crit effect here is actually quite nice, and subsequent ranks would either a) increase the chance to crit (let's say the base chance is 50% or so) or b) increases the crit damage itself, acting as a decent steroid for her.

Then her ultimate could honestly also be reworked. It's great as an initiator but the hitbox seems a little small. Compare it to for example Ezreal's ultimate that also does more damage (because of proper scaling). In fact, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to make Ashe a proper ADC-hybrid just like Ezreal among some others. Others also mentioned travel time and I second this, although the travel time seems to be the same as other ultimates e.g. Ezreal's.

But yeah, I feel like she needs some kind of built-in steroid. She plays a little bit too passive and her damage is too much on the low-ish side in my opinion, and her kit doesn't really synergize as well as it really should.

Invictrix

11-14-2012

I think next seasons build options might benefit her.

thewayofthewei

11-17-2012

Ashe IMO is pretty weak. Her damage is not too bad but her movement speed is way too slow. Give her movement speed a buff! She's a hit and run type of character anyway. All her frost damage/slow damage is for nothing if she moves so slow and can't even outrun a slowed enemy. Plus, her armor is pretty low and commonly in games if a character has low health/armor then make them more agile.

Triggerhand

11-17-2012

I'd change her passive to something like, if you don't get a crit, then it still scales up TILL you get that crit and then it resets type of thing. I hope that made sense