"YOU'LL NEVER ESC-... Oh..."

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arwolf

10-30-2012

Seriously, fine, keep the W nerf it slows his jungle clear speed, and requires the use of all 3 pots for double buff clear which was needed. However, if i get my ult canceled one more time from a ridiculously out of position carry/champ from an 8 second CD or just simply a Nunu snowball I'll cry; probably.

I know Riot never takes back nerfs, but this just destroys what Skarner is even about. Why have him say "you'll never escape" when they are clearly just going to walk away. I now have to spend at least half of the suppress duration just making sure that the ult actually landed. riotpls

RexSaur

10-30-2012

God forbid his ult doesnt wastes your flash AND drags you back.

It was a bug and it was fixed, deal with it just like Jarvan did, besides skarner is still one of the best junglers in the game.

MrHedge64

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

It doesn't go on CD. Chase them!

Arwolf

10-30-2012

Did I mention I'm not just someone complaining and raised valid points? I'm 1900 rating with a very diverse champion pool in jungling (all above 70% win rate), and the problem is there are so many cc spells in that game that if they catch you, you're done. You can't just flash out of them, flash shouldn't be a cleanse. Take every good jungler out there, what do all of their ganking spells still do after they've flashed?

Mundo cleaver still slows, Naut snare still snares, Hec charge stills knocks back, Amumu bandage still stuns, Lee's crippling strike still slows, Nunu slow still slows, Maokai snare follows them, Nocturne fear still goes off depending on flash time, Shen/Rammus taunt still taunt; and that's not even bringing up MORGANA ULT, or Ahri taunt etc. This is a very confusing change relatively to how other CC's work in this game.

MrHedge64, sure it doesn't go on CD, but I don't think it matters. If they just flashed out of your grab, you're not going to catch them out of position twice without diving recklessly behind turrets or into their team where you'll just get kited to oblivion; you know, pre-nerf Skarners already glaring weakness.

I would still love to hear everyone's opinions on this, even if you just want to play devil's advocate.

LordBahamutXVI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

You just traded a 255 second cd summoner for absolutely nothing. Wait 10 seconds and do it again.

AlphariusRising

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexSaur View Post
God forbid his ult doesnt wastes your flash AND drags you back.

It was a bug and it was fixed, deal with it just like Jarvan did, besides skarner is still one of the best junglers in the game.
Meanwhile, everyone other champ with a targeted ability, or autoattacks that have a travel time, still hit you if you flash.

It's not a bugfix, it was a nerf. You don't escape a Darius ult if you flash after he starts the animation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBahamutXVI View Post
You just traded a 255 second cd summoner for absolutely nothing. Wait 10 seconds and do it again.
Unless you flashed too. Or used Shurelya's.

LulzSec

10-30-2012

Riot is swing the nerfbat relentlessly at junglers because they don't understand the problem doesn't lie with the champion, but one single stat.

Naokazu

10-30-2012

For people who don't understand Skarner's ult; pre-nerf to get the best effect out of it, you have to turn back before it finishes casting. After the nerf if you do that chances are it won't land at all.

I would propose that if they're dead set on the nerf to keep him from pulling back champions who flash, then give it an extra 50-75 range.

Arwolf

10-30-2012

What Naokazu said 10000%, there is no way you can flip them around now for the creep block effect of it.
Also, LordBahamutXVI, 1: they're not getting out of position every 10 seconds, not even in -200 elo, 2: they're not using flash, they're using very short cd's, like hec charge, nunu snowball, 8 second built in flash etc to get away from it. This almost entirely destroys his ability to be a viable initiator, and destroys the reason of the skarner pick because he can no longer be one of the only junglers to gank "ungankables" such as Fizz/vlad/ez/corki.

messymike

10-30-2012

while they were nerfing his ult, they should have atleast FIXED it first... how many times do you ult someone, and skarner does NOTHING, just stands there holding them with his tail instead of attacking ect...

12345 ... 6