Damage stopping channeling on tower.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quackas

10-30-2012

I noticed this in my most recent game on dominion that Vladimirs' ult dmg which isn't a dot but a time delayed ap burst didn't stop the channeling of enemy summoners on towers. I don't know if this is intended but it seemed wrong to me, I know ignite doesn't stop people from channeling on the towers but his ult isn't a dot.

Also when trying to search the forums it gave me an error message index postdelta: index not preread.

Rapid99

10-30-2012

There's plenty of inconsistency issues with damage and tower capping on Dominion... and given the rate that things change (or are even looked at) on the map I'd say the bugs we got will be here for a while.

That said, I too noticed this problem with Vladimir and found it strange how it didn't stop people tower capping, especially given the large number of DoT's that have the ability to stop cap attempts.

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

yeah. like how teemo's shroom exploding will stop the cap, but the ticks wont, but they will stop you from recalling. I think the general thing on stopping caps is if it is an active thing. once vlad's ult is cast, he doesn't have to do anything. Its not like...maokai's where he triggers it to do the damage or an aa/other damaging ability. If it is a passive effect like ignite or some other dots, other than the initial one they won't stop it i think.

NavyGothic

10-30-2012

Yeah, I'm honestly a bit confused by it, but I think Hamm3rhand is right. If it's affect which is triggered (eg. Teemo mine exploding nearby) then it will interrupt you; if it's a delayed effect from a debuff on you (Vlad ulti, Teemo shroom ticks) then it won't.

It's particularly confusing because the rules for recalling and capping towers are different...

Come to think of it, by the logic above, Zilean's bombs shouldn't interrupt capping after the initial application. Is that true?

Ka0tiK

10-31-2012

Zileans bombs don't do any initial or over time damage so it might be exempt from the standard rules for DOTs when capping turrets. I rarely play Zil, but does the application of the bomb interrupt as well as the explosion?

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

If i'm not mistaken, the application of the bomb does like 1 damage? It was so like it would draw turret aggro or something. so it might interrupt the cap but i honestly can't remember. I'm trying to think of when pooterss does his intrrupts, if the bombs stop caps, but now that i think of it i don't think they do, because he AA's a lot. I'll have to check it out later, can't remember now.

FDru

10-31-2012

Zilean's bombs don't interrupt caps at all. Not when they're applied, not when they explode.

If another player gets hit by the explosion, they'll be interrupted.