Ap or AD TF which one is more viable?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RE Bantos

10-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusPhanto View Post
Really depends on what your team needs, TF is alright but many prefer AP. Mainly because there are much better DPS characters to choose from. I prefer a Hybrid Fate, although I can never seem to actually get kills >.> only a ****-ton of assists...
This. For actual killing capacity, AD is better, You're probably helping your team more with Hybrid/AP.

RE Bantos

10-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basist View Post
You go build those bf swords, have fun relying on auto attacks to do anything. Oh look you're focused and now dead.
Wait, why are we talking about Master Yi?

Riot Exgeniar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

10-03-2010

AP, all his skills scales well with AP.

DawnofDusk

10-03-2010

Clearly the only solution here is Hybrid TF.

kBOoZzY

10-04-2010

Right now TF does not have enough damage/range for playing a carry... his stats are just too low, regardless of AP / AD.
However, as WCG proved he is still a map control powerhouse. With the recent buffs for lich bane damage proc, and AP tower hitting, he can easily solo a tower in ~10 seconds (with just lichbane + guinsoo). So right now hybrid TF provides the most UTILITY to the team.

AP still does the most amount of damage I believe... but again, there are better, more viable casters out there.

Belezebeu

10-04-2010

if the opossite team have many Tanks and off-tanks, i go with the magical dps setup

otherwise i'll go ap

got321321

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iOlli3 View Post
your mom.
i totally agree.

Liz Vicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2010

I used to roll AP TF with lich bane. On a whim one day, I decided I would play AD TF. As luck would have it, there was an AP TF on the other team. We both went mid, and he had some early game damage with throwing card and stacked deck harrassment. In the end however, I completely rolled him and his team with my ability to sustain damage throughout the length of the stun.

AD > AP sadly.

Crimson Rose

10-04-2010

nashors is bad and u should feel bad (on tf)

lol at downvotes, its basically malady with CDR... 50 ap? for 2800 gold? god just get zhonyas and rageblade. u dont need AS with ap tf... at least not that much.