@riot: Why are you ****ting all over lore fans?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MuppetPasta

10-30-2012

Ok, seriously, the lore has gotten so much worse as of late: you know this, I know this, everyone on this forum knows this.

Presumably this is so the lore is more accessible to the mainstream players of the league but why would you try to appeal to people that don't care about the lore anyway and would remain unaffected regardless at the cost of your already established fanbase?

You don't listen to ANYTHING other than praise and it's really concerning. It's most likely no one from riot will even read this thread anyway but it's so frustrating.

BEERS FOR FEARS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Idk, looking at the new Twisted Treeline and the lore interactions there, I'd say it's pretty good? Some things are worse, but some things have gotten better.

NecroticBinder

10-31-2012

I'll give Riot some credit, not much. Some of the Shadow Isles new lore is actually somewhat interesting if they expand on it. Unfortunately given the context of how lore is being released, what is seen is what we will likely get for an indefinite amount of time.

Yes, lore has been heading into a downward direction for quite a few people who browse the lore section and yes, Riot has ceased to listening but when people use titles like "@riot: Why are you ****ting all over lore fans?" we aren't going to get much of anywhere. I've said it before, I believe, and I will likely say it again in the future. If you want to have a chance at Riot listening to us, we need to make sure the forums are less hostile. This doesn't guarantee that they will, especially given some of the staff (I've heard second hand stories about their lore department, I saw the downhill path coming for a while after that) but it still increases the chances.

Instead of claiming that the lore is getting worse, there needs to be an attempt to provide points where the flaws exist, and point out ways that they can be improved. Our voices need to be heard, but our voices cannot be an angry mob who is not sure what the real problem is or how to fix it like the OWS movement. We need to be a group of reasonable people who know what the flaws are, and some ways of potentially fixing those flaws.