All those threads talking about role-queuing.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xrisingforce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

oozihobo, that is a great example of how a single major pro can outweigh a multitude of minor cons.

edit: also, i don't believe that self-policing or even leading by demonstration works in the real world, because they are so idealistic. not idealistic in the sense that there are ideals that we should strive for, but idealistic in the sense that your solution y is conditional on you first positing "in a perfect world, where x is the case, y follows." x being human nature not entailing the primacy of stubbornness/self-interest, and y being a system of government that does absolutely nothing to infringe on its citizens' freedom to act in any way they wish as the best form of government. of course if it were somehow guaranteed that if all people were perfectly good and rational, and would always be, then government to any degree would be undermined and superfluous. but precisely because x is not the case, anarchy doesn't constitute a foundation for a happy society. for society to be sustained, its people must at a minimum surrender a portion of their autonomy, like their otherwise unmitigated freedom to go steal and kill.

i also understand that you propose these as ways to improve the status quo and not as solutions in themselves, but if we are honest about the existence of certain problems and willing to face them, then we really should be looking at their underlying causes and their respective solutions, not ways to make an unappealing system less unappealing.

Mich567

01-28-2013

Bump...

CTElephant

01-28-2013

IDEA* how about just having a quick queue and a compatibility queue for normals (normal draft included) and for other game types, then leave ranked as is. This would take those who wish to be more engaged with the team and willing to wait longer to get a slightly better team against other slightly better teams, and those who wanna just go go go don't care mentality or those who want to just get playing and don't really care about their team comp as much divided into like minded groups. ranked is excluded because everyone is competitive and should all have the mentality that they are working on being the best.

sorry about the lack of coherence, I am scatterbrained today.

Shamble

01-31-2013

Got some new additions today.

angryWelchMan

02-26-2013

This needs a good bump the threads. new threads are coming back

LogicalTautology

Edgy or Afk

04-17-2013

Role-queueing is genius. Kudos to you for making the thread, wake-up to Riot for introducing a role-queue on the Beta Servers please!

PogoPogoPogoPogo

05-28-2013

Ermagerd necro.

I'm tired of maintaining this... but these threads still coming up, so I figured I'd pop this one back up top to illustrate just how common this topic comes up...

Eagleye749