Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

World Championship Orchestra Piece - MP3 & Score Download

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Praeco

Composer

10-30-2012

Quote:
Pianoman7117:
Absolutely love it! a few questions for you, hope you're up to it

I'm assuming that you were either the composer? or the arranger? (I noticed that there is no actual composer name, but only "riot gaming" which is disheartening to be honest, credit is due to those who create such beautiful masterpieces, not companies that payed to have it made)

Number two, how do you go about composing/arranging a piece such as this, on such a grand scheme, in which so many instruments and interweaving parts are involved? Reason I ask because as a hopeful future composer, I still wonder to myself how does it all just happen? (Currently attending college for a BA in music hoping to get a masters in composition)

And finally, Can we ever expect to see a virtuosic piano arrangement of this massive piece. I know theres the little dinky piano arrangement, but it'd be so great to see something the big boys can work on

All in all, amazing job. amazing piece, the sheer jealousy coming from myself is evidence of how great it is.

Yeah, I worked on this piece with a company called Hollywood Scoring - good friends of mine. The music majorly came from a guy called Alex Temple and me.

It is true that the piano arrangement is held rather simple, quite consciously. Maybe someday we could figure out a more crazy arrangement for the piano, or a LoL player does? Who knows.

I think whenever composing, it's important to understand where all the instruments "belong", and what they are capable of. Their range, and their sound... And then just think of a story, and how the instruments can help you portray something. I would advise every musician to watch Maxim Vengerov's "Playing By Heart", or some of his masterclasses on YouTube. Whatever he does, he has a story in mind or a scene that he wants to portray. It is very fascinating: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_F15yU4AYM

IxVicexI

10-30-2012

That's wassup!

xAltairis

10-30-2012

Oh god, this is absolutely amazing. I've been waiting for so long ;_;
I'm going to try and translate the Latin. I've been in choir classes for too long to not understand the gist of these verses... xD

The Sixth Sin

10-30-2012

I used to be in Band in High School and this brought back so much memories. I loved it! +1

And it was K

10-30-2012

PRAECO! Please tell us what the music you guys used for Champion Select during the tournament was!

Zerglinator

10-30-2012

So when will someone slamjam this piece into Dunkmaster's Call?

SpamMasubi

10-30-2012

Is there a way for Riot to compile the Season 2 Finals Soundtrack? Some of the music pieces like the music playing during the Champion ban/and pick phase sound pick.

Shieon

10-30-2012

amazing work i hope to listion to more of these songs in the future inside the game itself ^^

Dimwitt

10-30-2012

Im so glad you love what you do so much that you're willing to give it away when you could easily have made money on this

Much respect and many thanks for the awesome music.

BinaryUnicycle

10-30-2012

This is just awesome. I can't stop listening to it.

Great job!