Ask Something...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wandering Sentry

10-30-2012

I see so many 'Ask a Champion' threads in this board that I'm just... wtf? This is role playing? Really? At first I see the board on the forum, just the title and picture, and I read a few of the stickies getting all excited, and then I actually look past them after reading EVERYTHING and I see a break room, an arena, one or two close RPs and a hundred 'Ask me something' threads.

So, without further ado, I"D LIKE TO START A STORY

I'm curious who else would be interested, hence the purpose of this thread, gather together ideas, plots, characters, etc. Something that could put some movement on Riot's part, like new champions or maps, or just some REAL ROLE PLAY...

By no means am I saying to get rid of the 'Ask' threads, just, there should be some balance, y'know?

King Razie

10-30-2012

Nope.

Wandering Sentry

10-30-2012

I get downvoted that quickly? C'mon, I look in on the closed RPs and I see a few people of some literary prowess, I'm sure someone has interest in something more...

SandscourgeSkarn

10-30-2012

Might've missed many metrics, m'boy.

Role playing in various formats and types takes place 'round these parts, and while it'd be true there's a propensity toward the threads you revile, they by no means detract from our ability to write and role play in the more traditional sense.

TwoWeirdYordles

10-30-2012

Well, you cant be an "non riot champion", whatever, you can roleplay and develop your character in places like: "A day in <insert city here>", "The Other Place", "The Displaced Timeline", "The Sparring Grounds", "Karma's Tea Shop, Zen", "The Break Room".... etcetera

List of places: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2497681 ... its a bit outdated

http://summoners.shurelia.com/ And here you can create the character

Wandering Sentry

10-30-2012

Well then, instead of just looking on this little thread in scorn, can there not be a response to the request actually made? Where are the plots?

SandscourgeSkarn

10-30-2012

I'll point you toward Rise of the Aeons, the Hostage Crisis, I believe there are others as well, with names that escape me. For this reason, I posit that you've not looked hard enough.

Also I've bore no scorn, merely shared helpful information. And of course, more importantly, rather than mentioning the existence of a problem as though it were a complaint, have you considered merely fixing it?

Create a plot, create several. We don't bite.

EDIT: Also to break from the airy terms and lightness, calling your notion of role playing "real role playing" is extremely self-righteous and rather irritating. Maybe don't do that.

Ebonmaw Dragon

10-30-2012

You can create a topic saying something like "Hey i have an idea of X RP!" you explain the idea and the people gives you more ideas, then you "Sign-up" the people who wants participate and start the thead... That worked pretty well with the "Rise of the Aeons RP"

Civilized Rat

10-30-2012

Look harder.

Also, imagine if Summoners were allowed Ask articles? This forum would literally flood. THEN you can complain.