Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Season End FAQ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yegg

Recruiter

10-30-2012

Quote:
A Nydus Worm:
Why are there no gold forum badges for this season. Ill ask again since you just ignored me

We decided that forum badges should generally be given out to the top two tiers, which in this season is Platinum and Diamond. Gold players are already getting the Victorious Janna skin and the profile banner trim, and we wanted there to be a good reason to strive for Platinum.

Yegg

Recruiter

10-30-2012

Quote:
myuziik:
If someone's top rating is diamond, then they drop to say 1200, will this be used for the reset, or their top rating?

The soft reset is based on current rating at the end of the season, not top rating.

Ginko

10-30-2012

Quote:
Yegg:
Are the forum badges split out by ranks? Or do they show the queue where you achieved the medal?

No, in Season 2 the ranks were intended just as a way to show some visual progress towards the next tier. The forum badges are very small and already need to indicate the tier and the season, so we aren't currently planning on using them to convey more information.

Can you elaborate a little more on this? I put a lot of thought into the problem forum badges may have next season in this thread (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2706720). Thanks.

tl;dr the integrity of forum badges will be a lot less with the conclusion of this season for the reasons listed in the thread.

Qumfy

10-30-2012

Yegg pls. Skin trading in season 3? Is it being looked into at all?

I Am Tolan

10-30-2012

why has riot made the decision to not show normal elo ?

Convict24601

Recruiter

10-30-2012

Quote:
Yegg:
Hey all,

I've created a FAQ in the interests of having one place to answer questions that you all have about season rewards and the end of Season 2. Feel free to ask further questions in this thread and I'll answer them and/or add them to this main post.

Once the FAQ is fully fleshed out, we'll be translating it and posting it as a news post in other regions later this week.

SEASON REWARDS

When does the season end?

Season 2 will end with the patch that’s slated for November 6th. If the patch is moved back, the season will continue until the patch downtime.

Yegg, why did you ignore my questions? =( I'll ask one more time to see if I maybe you just accidently glanced over mine...

I just wanted to be clear; so does that mean November 5th is the last day you can play rank in order to try and achieve the "end of season" rewards?

Also, if I joined a team after September 1st and they already have a gold for their top rating, but because I joined, I dropped them down to a bronze rating and win 5 times but it still isn't enough to bring it back up to gold; would I still get the gold rewards since I joined a team that got their top elo in the gold rank but are no longer sitting in gold elo and my 5 wins were all in the bronze bracket?

gotitmemorize

10-30-2012

What happens if I joined a team on September 1st? Do I need to win 5 games with them in the queue?

APOLARCAT

10-30-2012

I joined my ranked team August 28th and we got to gold in 3's and then they kicked me but added me back and I haven't played the 5 games with them since they kicked me but I did before to get to gold.

Do I still get the gold for 3's? I'm gold in solo queue.

BuilderBob93

10-30-2012

Quote:
NothinButSwag:
why has riot made the decision to not show normal elo ?

To make normals for casual play and ranked for competitive. If you want to measure your skill play ranked; this keeps normal play more relaxed, according to some post a long time ago.

They are not going to ever change their stance on this, by the way.

Præsio

10-30-2012

Last year Riot privileged us with the statistics on what percentage of the league of legends community were at what elo's at the end of the season. Even though I only made silver in season one, it was really encouraging for me that i was in the top 10% on the server and thus motivated me to getting even better at the game. So i guess my request is, can you guys give us statistics like that again?