Season End FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SubToMeOnYoutube

10-30-2012

could you put a link to the rewards thread on this thread, cause i cant find it...

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

10-30-2012
8 of 24 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genow View Post
If I get to gold on my placement matches, and then lose the last few, thus ending at silver or something- Is my highest rating still gold?
Top rating isn't set until you have a visible rating, so in that case your highest rating would still be Silver.

A Nydus Worm

10-30-2012

Why did you guys get ride of gold forum badges? Worked so hard this season to get gold and you change the rank system and get rid of gold forum badges.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

10-30-2012
9 of 24 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoro View Post
That is win 5 with a team and not play 5 right? Confused why qualifications for teams have to be based on number of wins and not number of plays like solo.
Yes, it's win 5 games with the team in the appropriate queue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShocker View Post
I created my team 5v5 and 3v3 team and won couple of games in both ques but got ranked after September 1. Now I am 4-1 in 5v5 and 4-2 in 3v3 ,will I have to win a game in each of these ques to claim my season 3 prizes?
If you created the team after September 1st, you will have to win one more game in each queue with that team.

Indyhatessnakes

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
We talk about this a lot internally, but it's not a simple problem. Say we removed or mitigated the Elo loss for losing a 4v5 match. As soon as players feel the game slipping out of their grasp, they would start bullying the perceived weakest link on the team to leave so that they could preserve their own Elo. Even if that player sticks it out and doesn't give in, it's a much more frustrating experience for everyone involved.
well you still need to do something because it is ruining your game!!! A solution I think would work is mitigate elo loss only if someone on a team has a big enough gap in their level. The gap would have to be big enough to prevent someone from leaving late enough in the game when they know they are going to lose. I say make it like if someone is level 1-8 at the time of defeat then little or no elo is lost

HolyChalice

10-30-2012

Quote:
We talk about this a lot internally, but it's not a simple problem. Say we removed or mitigated the Elo loss for losing a 4v5 match. As soon as players feel the game slipping out of their grasp, they would start bullying the perceived weakest link on the team to leave so that they could preserve their own Elo. Even if that player sticks it out and doesn't give in, it's a much more frustrating experience for everyone involved.
How about making it so that the user that leaves gets double the elo loss or more?

PallasAthens

10-30-2012

Yeggs, what about the accusations that a Riot Red was a friend of an Elo Booster(Not talking about Tryndamere), and that the posts detailing the Elo Boosters involvement with the Red were Deleted, unlike the Tryndamere case where Tryn himself said he would suspend the booster?

A Nydus Worm

10-30-2012

ttt

Convict24601

10-30-2012

Quote:
Hey all,

I've created a FAQ in the interests of having one place to answer questions that you all have about season rewards and the end of Season 2. Feel free to ask further questions in this thread and I'll answer them and/or add them to this main post.

Once the FAQ is fully fleshed out, we'll be translating it and posting it as a news post in other regions later this week.

SEASON REWARDS

When does the season end?

Season 2 will end with the patch thatís slated for November 6th. If the patch is moved back, the season will continue until the patch downtime.
I just wanted to be clear; so does that mean November 5th is the last day you can play rank in order to try and achieve the "end of season" rewards?

Also, if I joined a team after September 1st and they already have a gold for their top rating, but because I joined, I dropped them down to a bronze rating and win 5 times but it still isn't enough to bring it back up to gold; would I still get the gold rewards since I joined a team that got their top elo in the gold rank but are no longer sitting in gold elo and my 5 wins were all in the bronze bracket?

Cooldude1234

10-30-2012

Any sort of reward for those of us who don't play ranked? Kinda like last year everyone got the Kayle skin, are you planning on doing something like this again?