Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ward Skins - Why not permanent?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cartoonsandwich

10-30-2012

[Not sure exactly where to post this, so art feedback seemed like an okay place.]

First of all - I love the idea of ward skins. When I heard they were coming out I was so jazzed. I play a lot of support and I place a lot of wards - I love wards and I love the idea of my wards looking cool.

Secondly - the art for the wards is awesome. I saw them - I wanted them. So good job.

Thirdly - When I found out they were temporary I was very disappointed. Am I gonna spend my hard earned RP on a ward skin that last 7 days? No. Would I spend my RP on a ward skin that lasts forever? ABSOLUTELY. Limited edition ward skins that I can trot out any game I feel like it? Regardless of the champ or role I'm playing? AWESOME. I recognize that creating an interface for ward skins in champ select is not effortless, but I still think that the overall idea will see a lot more play if they were permanent rather than temporary. --> Treat ward skins more like champ skins and less like boosts.

Anyhow, regardless, I love this game - keep up the good work.

Captain Dazzling

10-30-2012

Yeah, the fact that they are temporary sucks.

Arctic Bro

10-30-2012

Buy it for 50 weeks and they'll do it again next year