Huedakaiser huelp

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Westlin

10-30-2012

Okay so I just picked up Morde and want to run him bot lane. I tried once against a Wukong and epically failed. The most monumental fail ever so question how do I use him against champs with gap closers or do I just give up and switch lanes.

Edit: Thanks for all the feedback I'll have to try him again.

Silly Mage

10-30-2012

Morde gets wrecked by pretty much every tanky ad champion.

He does very well against a lot of ap champions though.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Get spellvamp Asap, make a point on Maxing your Cdr and spam Death Syphooooon...his E at every chance you have, Even if spellvamp is AoE damage it grants you a lot of survability, i'm not the Morde guru but that's how a friend of mine runs Morde bot at Dominion.

Yokel85

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

I've been doing well by starting boots, hp crystal, mana tome, 3 pots and then rushing guise.

After that it depends. I either build toward Rylai's or buy some armor or MR. At the end of the day I like to have sorc boots, abyssal, guise, rylai's, some spell vamp, and defensive/offensive items to taste.

NavyGothic

10-30-2012

I'd agree that Mordekaiser is a bit weak against AD bruisers who win bot lane by just diving in and killing him.

My suggestion would be to build some early defensive armour (warden's mail, ninja tabi) and stick close with your minions so that he's getting pounded if he tries to dive you. You should have a huge advantage in pushing power, so as long as you can just survive the dives you should be fine!

(Note; this doesn't work so well mid-late game when minion damage is irrelevant. In that case, I'd say either ask for frequent ganks or turtle up your tower and stalemate)

Demonite10

10-30-2012

I've had a lot of success with Morde bot by buying either a chainvest or negatron cloak to counter the damage from the enemy bot. I then buy the boots that would counter their damage type, then get some spell vamp. From there it becomes a balancing act of continuing to counter-build towards your enemy while keeping your spell PENETRATION up. Morde won't beat out many ADs, but he can definitely whoop tons of champs on bot by counter-building them and getting spell pen

A12MO12

10-31-2012

You basically need 3 things with morde.
Tankiness, spellvamp and magic pen

i would suggest maxing R>E>Q>W
But against tanky derps its not a bad idea to put an extra point into w to sustain shield while spells on CD. Also you don't have to build items in that order. If you need more sustain rush WoTA, more tnakiness get a chain vest or negatron, more health get a ruby crystal or giants belt to turn into haunting guise/spirit visage/randuins/rylais.

If you need CC i would add a rylais at some point, don't follow build to a letter always gotta adapt depending on the situation.

against ap champ: sorc shoes > haunting guise >spirit visage> WoTA > Abyssal > rylai's (you can sell haunting guise for void staff at some point if they get a lot of MR)

against tanky derps: sorc shoes > haunting guise > WoTA > thornmail/randuins > lichbane(they will get in your face this gives you extra damage for that purpose) > void staff

against tanky ap champs (mao, nunu, singed, ryze, diana): sorc shoes > haunting guise > WoTA > FoN > abyssal > void staff

if they switch up lanes: sorc shoes > void staff > WoTA > thornmail > FoN > rylais (this is best all around build i think)

Tempestphile

10-31-2012

Hueing guise
Will of the Hue
Frozen Hue / Thronehue / Warden's Hue
Hue's Crystal Scepter
Hextech Hueweeper (situational but cheap and nice hp)
Sorchuehuehue shoes

VoidInsanity

10-31-2012

Oh look, a topic just for me. *cracks knuckles*.

The key to playing Morde successfully bot lane revolves around a few basic principals.

1. Be faster than the guy you are fighting, as you have no escape or CC. (which is why you ALWAYS start with boots 2 + pots, so you don't get hit)
  2. Hold the tower, do not venture towards theirs (you'll be ganked)
  3. Staying alive is more important than killing (as you'll generally get more farm that way)
  4. You need exhaust (mainly to counter being exhausted)
  5. Item build. You need to rush certain items to hold certain lanes (Thornmail for Wukong is an example).
  6. Keep your HP up. Don't be afraid to keep buying HP pots, they are the cost of a creep of which you'll kill many.
  7. Spellpen. Dominion creeps are *******s and have around 20 Mr straight away, and it only goes up from there (unlike other maps where their base is 0). It is a serious problem that needs resolving =(. Do not stack it however, if you see your foe getting any amount of MR consider getting a Void Staff ASAP.
  8. Maxing Q second is dumb. It will get you killed. Maxing W second makes you semi immortal in the right situations, especially if there is a large wave nearby.
  9. DFG is now a nub trap, never buy it. It was good before due to the 15% CDR, now its horrid.

And most importantly of all Avoid fighting the guy you are laning. I can't stress this enough. You cannot chase, you cannot hunt. You have no CC, you have no escape. You must turtle and let things come to you at your tower. The only time you should EVER go past mid is if you can see where all the other champions are, if you know you can survive soloing the ones you cannot see or if its extremely late game and you "want to die" to trigger revive.

Princess Freaddy

11-16-2012

Unlike in Summoner's Rift, the global armor/magic pen aura in Crystal Scars make Mordekaiser really squishy early game. That is why investing in some defensive runes, masteries and items would help you a lot. Especially since defense and magic resist apply to your passive shield. However this still won't be enough against certain monster bots, so I'd suggest to try to turtle near the tower early game and try to get the gold advantage through constant minion farming. You are Mordekaiser, the king of pushers so you will never have a moment where you will have trouble clearing minion waves. Another important note is that you have to remember that in the Crystal Scars minions give A LOT of gold compared to champion kills, so even a relatively small difference in cs can make a lot of difference in item advantage. If you survive the early game, the mid-late game is when you can become a beast and dominate. He becomes a Tanky Mage DPS that will refuse to die and still deal some devastating team fight capabilities. (and as in 'Team' fight, meaning you alone versus a couple or more at bot)