Caitlyn ultimate comments, and possible tweak suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheBziur

10-30-2012

Hello,

While playing Caitlyn I came up with a tweak to her ultimate.

Well I don't really have complaints against it's balance, or the way it works for the most of the part. I just thought of a way to make it more convenient and useful.

Controversial current aspects of it:
While casting ultimate Cait is locked in position for few seconds what makes her venerable, that makes it very situational. If enemy team is clever they will just go after you while you're casting.
For these few seconds enemy team will be informed of her casting ultimate, and will have time to shield.
Cait have no control over ultimate, once pressed she is waiting and praying for the target to not be shielded, and if it's shielded she will shot anyway. (That's sharpshooting for you xD) Her success depends on enemy team not on player skill.

For comparison, Ashe and Ezreal:
their cast time is much slower, which means their risk of dying while casting ult is really low.
Their ults depend totally on their prediction skills. Enemy will not know of their casting, it comes by surprise, so there will not be possibility of shielding. If someone shields, it's pure bad luck, or good predicament by enemy team.

While I understand payoffs, as cait ultimate is lock-on, and deals significant dmg to single target, I think it could use tweaking, which would not make her ultimate more powerful, but instead just more convenient to use.

Here comes the tweak I thought of - make her ult cancelable
Press R to take aim; after delay press R again to shot, or walk away if you find it not likely to hit, putting it on short cooldown (for example 1/4 of normal cd)
If cait decides to wait too long, the ult will go on short cooldown. (in order to not allow her to restrict enemy team movement for longer than few seconds)

Benefits of such tweak:
1. If placed under risk, the ult can be canceled, allowing Cait to run away. Payoff is the cooldown
2. Cait is no longer blind homing rocket shooter. She's sharpshooter, she can see what she's shooting and will not strike tank instead of her target anymore
3. It will make her ult more convenient and less situational, increase overall playability etc while not giving her boost.

Please forgive me if I made any orthographic mistakes.
Let's make LoL even better!

asdfOrion

10-30-2012

i was not sure what you said but from reading a bit i thought it sounded really interesting.

instead of ulting and then it automatically firing, the first activation would be to take aim. you then could re-activate it a second time to fire, and this could be at any time.

CerealBoxOfDoom

10-30-2012

I like it just the way it is.

Its all a matter of skill. If cait is alone with ez and someone to block then somebody did something wrong. She shouldnt be going all in and blowing her ult without her backup. If they wanna tank the damage there should be someone there to make sure the price for playing the here is paid in full like leona or somebody

Shawk

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfOrion View Post
i was not sure what you said but from reading a bit i thought it sounded really interesting.

instead of ulting and then it automatically firing, the first activation would be to take aim. you then could re-activate it a second time to fire, and this could be at any time.
I like this, but I also think that if someone just double taps R fast they'd get the kill too easily. Maybe a 2.5/2/1.5 second CD before being able to fire after essentially locking in first.

The Untold

10-30-2012

I'd prefer it to be a mapwide heavy hitting skillshot with the same travel time.

TheBziur

10-30-2012

Quote:
Press R to take aim; after delay press R again to shot, or walk away if you find it not likely to hit, putting it on short cooldown (for example 1/4 of normal cd)
It wouldn't change much. just would add option to cancel shot, or decide when the shot is fired AFTER the base delay is past

MegaCorruption55

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

This would also fit into her lore and character perfectly. "A true sniper never misses."

kwak123

10-30-2012

I feel like this could be a fun change, but in late game it could be a little bit of a game changer. As is, Caitlyn's ult is a reliably timed attack so anyone can block it. With this, that timing suddenly changes... could you imagine the whole team scrambling around to block a spell that aims for even 5 seconds? That's like a long-range soft CC. Although, the concept is awesome.

HefferWolf

10-30-2012

Reasonable. +1

irum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

can't agree with invisible sniping