Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Bot lane counters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Westlin

10-30-2012

Quote:
inFe eD:
Counters for the top 3 OPs:

Nunu - Ryze, Gragas

Your results may vary. ~

Could you explain these counters? I'm assuming you said Grag because he can clear waves really easily?

Panwar

10-31-2012

Quote:
Westlin:
Could you explain these counters? I'm assuming you said Grag because he can clear waves really easily?

I've never done it, but Gragas seems like he would counter Nunu at all points.

Wave clearing ability. Good sustain and tankiness, R knocks Nunu out of his ult, Snowball doesn't really effect Gragas that much as he can charge, and Atkspd isn't important, and Gragas is fine building Abyssal and tanky in general so snowball isn't going to hurt much. Even before Gragas builds AP for damage he still out-melee's many champs for the first couple of levels. And he simply out damages Nunu.

I used to play Gragas bot all the time. And he would beat almost everyone. I just had a hard time living through the inevitable 2-3 man ganks that would shortly be coming.

Sazdek

10-31-2012

AD Malz vs Yorick. He can push harder and Malefic Visions can clear his ghouls quickly. Also AD Malz tends to build a heavy amount of defense while still keeping his damage high which will force yorick into a primarily tank build, killing most of his damage.

FOODFOOD

10-31-2012

How does Ryze counter Nunu? I've tried that matchup a bunch of times and it hasn't worked. The Nunu builds Athene's, WotA & Spirit Visage and just outheals everything you do. I feel like a burst champ would work a lot better.

TCWA Tigerbite

10-31-2012

Ryze is bursty with short CD.

Aive Noclu

10-31-2012

A general bot lane counter is Caitlyn. She can do well against most bot lane champions simply because her range is incredible. She's squishy though, so play with caution. You're not a kill lane, Caitlyn is simply there to hold the lane (She won't lose the point unless she is forced into a 2v1 situation). For a long while, in my ELO in dominion Caitlyn was banned against me.

DG Denz Brujah

10-31-2012

Caitlyn Counters Nunu - Cait can out range him as he relies on melee dmg and his E has a short range.
If Nunu does get in range she can use net to move back. Add in lifesteal & Atk Spd and she simply pokes you to death while outsustaining you.

Duelpower

10-31-2012

Umm I'm not sure who told you that vayne counters jayce but that is sooo incredibly wrong.

(unless vic is playing jayce and buddha is on vayne lololololol)

hinderlopen

10-31-2012

Diana can beat yorick pretty easily before 6 and after 11, between there you can just clear waves. Maxing q and her passive give her more damage than yorick, it's a little close but she'll come out ahead. While after 11 your ult does enough damage and shield is strong enough to beat on him anytime you hit a q.

hinderlopen

10-31-2012

you should also consider adding Singed to the list of op bots, I've been seeing more singed than urgot/yorick.