Bot lane counters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Westlin

10-30-2012

I was curious about which champs do well against some of the stronger bot lane picks if you know a counter please explain why they counter and how to play the champ in that matchup. I won't add typically add them to the list without me understanding why they counter the lane so please leave an explanation of the counter.

Singed (In general ranged auto attackers with slows do really well against singed)
Varus (The slow makes it hard for singed to get close enough to flip you as well as your ult. The Arrow is a pain in the but for singed because it clears wave as well as pokes.)

Caitlyn (Long range + slow, build traditional ad build and auto attack them minions because singed can't get anywhere near you.)

Counters to Diana
Jax (Countering an OP with another OP. Jax can jump past her q cutting out most of her damage don't feel shy to get bildgewater cutlass early so you have a slow to keep her in range when you wail on her.)

Vayne (Can dodge as well as kite her so if Diana dives in without landing Crescent Slash you can just knock her back and even if she does you still have tumble.)

Kog (Range and so much damage.)

Ezreal (Has long enough poke on q to stay out of range of Diana's combo as well as a built in flash to dodge.)

Counters to Jayce: (The nerfs barely touched him and i cringe when either team picks him)
Irelia (If you've seen the pros play this matchup on SR you know its not an easy win for either champ but going 50/50 with Jayce is countering him. Also Irelia has good relic control thanks to her dash slow/stun.)

Riven (Don't know how much of a counter but I played with a riven today who completely wrecked the Jayce she was against. So yeah.

Counters to Yorick:
Diana (She does more damage and has a nice little shield. Use the brush wisely to remove minion aggro.)

Malzahar (Both ap and ad work although ad is better. His ghouls die to your Q and you have more pushing power.)

Xin Zhao (Spear, Heals, Heals, Spears. Also ult knocks ghouls and clone away so late game you can power through him unless he stacks a **** ton of armor then just switch with an ap and watch him die.)

Mao'Kai (I've had a lot of success with this one. Typically I wait for him to use his ghouls then i throw a Sap then dash to him to avoid the ghouls then I knock him back to make sure the Sap hits. I noticed I can toe-to-toe with him thanks to my ult and I usually try to fight him in bursts so I can use the damage from my ult multiple times. If Yorick runs at you to engage see if you can get him to prematurely use his ult then use your knockback and run)

Counters to Jax:
Jayce (This one is not too difficult you knock him away when he jumps in and you never have to engage all you do is poke and push and eventually you will have Jax dead or you will get the Turret)

Singed (Singed is really strong against melee champs and Jax is no exception. Jax has to burn his stun to engage otherwise he just gets flung and you run off. Pre-6 Jax is just flatout weaker and at lvl 6 Jax becomes a pain just remember to build tanky and you should be fine.)

Counters to Urgot:
Zyra (From what I've seen she can handle Urgot once she hits mid game she can clear the wave and the plants will give him trouble because Zyra doesn't need to be in range to dish out damage on to him plus she clears waves much faster.)

AD Malzahar (This one isn't so much a counter but an interesting match up because skill plays a much larger factor than champ in the matchup but whoever gets ganks will win so its not difficult to handle.)

Counters to Nunu
Caitlyn (Pretty hard to beat Cait with a melee champ she just has such a long range that she can kite all the way back to her point which means she beats quite a few champs without being OP Nunu isn't an exception although Nunu will be hard to kill in the late game, he won't be killing you.)

Ryze (because someone else said so. Also he has some good damage that should be able to get through Nunu's sustain.)

AP Yi (I am not certain on this but I have tried it once and it worked. AP Yi can out sustain Nunu and he can push lane faster while poking. Also he can escape ganks.)

Udyr (Bear form stun means Nunu ult is quite weak and with Udyr's sustain its hard to push him out of lane unless you have a lot of damage. With ganks you can win this lane hopefully your team ganks more often.)

Tell me who else to add to the list for champs that you need help with or counters that belong on the list

FOODFOOD

10-30-2012

I've had good luck as Xin Zhao against Yorick. Though he's not as tanky, he has higher damage and sustain than Yorick. Also, his ult knocks away Yorick's ghouls, which makes for a nice commit/engage.

I've stalemated Jayce with Kayle a few times and won with Vayne a few times. They can both kite him somewhat efficiently. Kayle can outlast him, whereas Vayne can out dps him and catch him if he tries to run away. Also, the dodge roll is really helpful against the sped up super bombs.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

I've been working on a project for this, trying to get it done by the end of the week. It's mroe time consuming than I thought.

I also fear what it will do to the community.

Westlin

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
I've been working on a project for this, trying to get it done by the end of the week. It's mroe time consuming than I thought.

I think the main issue is not enough people play draft for a list like this to be relevant, but I kind of want one for ****s and giggles.

Lhyanc

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post

I think having the information available will make Dominion more appealing to players.

naotasan

10-30-2012

What about a counter to Nunu?
I hate going up against Nunu more than Yorick

TCWA Tigerbite

10-30-2012

Irelia and Skarner are good counters to Jayce.

HaIfhearted

10-30-2012

I don't know of anything that actually *beats* Nunu consistently throughout the game.

Certain champs will give him a hell of a time early game like Yorick and Diana, but he beats those 2 by lategame.

Udyr is the only champion who I know can consistently hold off Nunu. It's a permanent stalemate throughout the entire game, assuming you don't play it stupidly or let him get a full ult off.

inFe eD

10-30-2012

Counters for the top 3 OPs:

Jayce - Nunu, Kog
Nunu - Ryze, Gragas
Diana - Vayne, Kog

Your results may vary. ~

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Counters for the top 3 OPs:

Jayce - Nunu, Kog
Nunu - Ryze, Gragas
Diana - Vayne, Kog

Your results may vary. ~
Add ezreal as a counter to Diana, he has long enough rnage to avoid your QR combo and poke you to death with flashy things and lightballs, ligtballs everywhere @_@