The hardest champion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForTehAnarchy

10-30-2012

Orianna, or prefferably zilean, i love to see zilean on my team, but i HATE playing against him. If you can make him good, his passive will make any teammates you ever have love you, and your enemies hate you

Keitterman

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTehAnarchy View Post
Orianna, or prefferably zilean, i love to see zilean on my team, but i HATE playing against him. If you can make him good, his passive will make any teammates you ever have love you, and your enemies hate you
this is incorrect. Mid lane he will get destroyed, as Support they will just focus him because he's squishy and can't do anything but retrun to base because he has no mitigation/sustain

Zil is a good example of someone that if you win, you are very skilled, but when you pick him, every one will be like :-/

Vance Landow

10-30-2012

Zilean does not get destroyed in mid. Like at all. Constant harass and a speed boost that makes ganking you near impossible, not to mention this thing called an ult. Okay.

Keitterman

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance Landow View Post
Zilean does not get destroyed in mid. Like at all. Constant harass and a speed boost that makes ganking you near impossible, not to mention this thing called an ult. Okay.
never had an issue

BBBombBB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Play people that aren't played at all and get some really good multi-kills with them.

Examples:

Heimerdinger
Urgot

You will amaze people if you get at least a triple kill with these people. They think that they are bad champs when they really arent.

ForTehAnarchy

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitterman View Post
this is incorrect. Mid lane he will get destroyed, as Support they will just focus him because he's squishy and can't do anything but retrun to base because he has no mitigation/sustain

Zil is a good example of someone that if you win, you are very skilled, but when you pick him, every one will be like :-/
Ive played games, and even laned with a few great Zilean players, when i see a zilean that doesnt start the game by calling mid i am a happy camper because that allows my team to level faster than the other and it means it will be that much easier to win.

Granted if you ever see a Zil call mid your first instinct is back me out, x x x x x, but hes asking for a hard to play character, im merely suggesting one that is not only difficult to play and master, but also rewarding to his teammates.

awesomejak

10-30-2012

Never thought Veigar would be on this list. So it looks like the hardest champs are Cassiopeia, Syndra, karma, and ??aniva??? We are talking about the bird right?

The Blue Jelly

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomejak View Post
Never thought Veigar would be on this list. So it looks like the hardest champs are Cassiopeia, Syndra, karma, and ??aniva??? We are talking about the bird right?
Cass is *not* that hard. Poison -> E spam. She's like a one-button version of Ryze, the only difference is that she has to land a specific spell (q OR w) first to be able to roll her face on the keys and kill someone.

Syndra is only being assumed to be uber hard because she's kinda UP at the moment. The bug fixes helped, as well as splitting her ult so a spell bubble can't just soak the whole thing, but she's very clearly outclassed in Mid at the moment. As a support, she's the only champion who can push her lane backwards at the current moment, and she does have Janna's ult in lite form on a regular ability. Playing pong/breakout for stuns is about the only real mechanically hard thing about her.

Karma is god tier in a different meta. She's not hard to play, she just needs a melee champion to support. Which is probably why Riot's been dragging their feet with her rework; they want to keep her as the melee support, but want to try and make her more viable with a ranged champion at the same time.

Anivia is legitimately very difficult. She has an immense mana burden, one of the worst AA animations in the game (beaten really only by Karthus, unless you buy that his Q is his autoattack like me and many others), and has the only free-creating physical wall in the game.
That wall makes Anivia a pretty strong contender for "hardest champion in the game currently".

Orianna is a utility mage, who operates like you're playing two champions at once. She's not just the clockwork ballerina. She's also The Ball.
This duality makes her a very strong choice for "hardest champion in the game currently".

If we switch from mechanically difficult to simply skill cap, Ori, Anivia, Lee Sin, Ahri, Draven, and a few others all start slugging it out, as the possibilities with them are pretty ridiculous.

Vuther

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Jelly View Post
Anivia is legitimately very difficult. She has an immense mana burden, one of the worst AA animations in the game (beaten really only by Karthus, unless you buy that his Q is his autoattack like me and many others), and has the only free-creating physical wall in the game.
That wall makes Anivia a pretty strong contender for "hardest champion in the game currently".
Even she has a lot of huge risk-reducers! - the wall's easy to **** up, but when you're using them for the sole purpose of saving yourself, it's pretty hard to do it wrong. She has a near one-up every 5 minutes, her ultimate's slow is self-explanatory, and Q's actually pretty easy to hit on enemies that have committed to attacking you (they've got only one way to go, and that's toward you).

When you aren't constantly wasting your mana, it's mechanically pretty easy to not die as Anivia.

Padookey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

J4, all your doing is helping. his ult sucks. his combos put him at risk