New IP/RP Champion Price Reductions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RaG nuh RocK

10-30-2012

Man I couldn't get in here fast enough to downvote this bull****. Some sale.. Lets take some really expensive Champions and make them a teensy-weensy-bit cheaper, they'll feel like they are actually getting a good deal, rofl screw them. for ****'s sake.

Warrensby

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Yes we are still trying out different RP prices on 4800 and 3150 champions to see what works for both players and Riot. We will have a final solution before the end of the year.
O_O

Different Heaven

Recruiter

10-30-2012

I just sort of thought this was funny, let me do some maths for y'all:

4800/6300 = 0.76 = 76% of the original price (IP)

880/975 = 0.90 = 90% of the original price (RP)

if the prices get reduced, shouldn't each amount decrease by the same percentage?
or is it just "convenient" that its the RP that is decreased by less...

DonnFirinne

10-30-2012

I have to say, I'm surprised Graves wasn't reduced yet. In my mind, he should be WAY down on the pricing tier. He's probably the easiest AD carry to play (definitely NOT Ashe) and his kit is extremely straightforward and simple. The last time I saw a Rioter comment on the pricing guidelines they used, creativity of the champion was the rule of thumb. I don't think a single person could argue that Graves, while by no means a bad champion, isn't really creative. Not in the way that Cassiopeia, or Kog'Maw (both of whom got reduced???), or Nautilus, or TF or so many others are. If I'm misinformed, Riot, please correct me. But I think it would take a strange pricing guide no matter what to have Graves at the top.

getdapumps

10-30-2012

Thank you so much, the cost of all the champions will be down to $500 if you can keep this up. Luckily being able to pick champions isn't a fun or helpful game mechanic, denying them to the community is a good idea.

ezPK XS PWR

10-30-2012

Also already owned all , but greats champs at better price, can never go wrong! ><

neMANa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

omg why??? my cass
kog is op!!!

chronicgamin

10-30-2012

Sigh, just like many others here, bought Kog just a few days ago... refund please

spherus

10-30-2012

I bought Cass 2 months ago. But I didn't really regret buying her early. She's definitely worth 6300 IP

Nachocroce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Well i bought kog maw for 6300 the 1st of October, is there a way to get my ip back, i know it's not that much but it'll help, hope someone at riot can see this, also i don't get the option to give it back in the client store so i can't even get the ip from there :S