So TT is beta because...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Desocupado

10-30-2012

...when it's done, you'll bring the other back?
(post other theories)

CaptainAMorgan

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desocupado View Post
(post other theories)
I so hope you're right.

I think it's so they can have an excuse for why this map is so poor... in just about every regard.

Fewer objectives. A speed booster (-_-). Lack of a real jungle. Lack of pushing capability. Forced fights. Forced comps.

somuchfunIMO...

Piggie B

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAMorgan View Post
I so hope you're right.

I think it's so they can have an excuse for why this map is so poor... in just about every regard.

Fewer objectives. A speed booster (-_-). Lack of a real jungle. Lack of pushing capability. Forced fights. Forced comps.

somuchfunIMO...
For objectives, you're trading 3 jungle buffs and the boss for 2 altars and the boss. So that's one small objective exchanged for the altars, which are more consequential, but still, there are less of them.

The speed booster I agree with; I'm curious as to their reasoning behind putting it their in the first place.

I'm not sure what you would call a "real" jungle - if your definition is "like summoners rift," then you're being extremely specific. At it's core, "the jungle" is an area providing bonus experience and gold for your team overall and opportunities to surprise and support different areas of the map, and the new "jungle" does provide these things, just without the jungle-specific buffs.

Lack of pushing capability I just don't understand. Do you mean that it is more difficult to push your lane? Because these turrets die much faster than old TT turrets, which makes pushing them down extremely easy. The minions are the same. If you mean that you are punished for pushing via easy ganks, then you need to pay better attention to the map and communicate more with your team.

Forced Fights - Baron?

Forced Comps - right now, team comps for TT are extremely flexible due to the nature of no metagame being established. They are infinitely less strict than "bruiser, jungler, ap mid, ad carry, support"

Haeval

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggie B View Post
For objectives, you're trading 3 jungle buffs and the boss for 2 altars and the boss. So that's one small objective exchanged for the altars, which are more consequential, but still, there are less of them.

The speed booster I agree with; I'm curious as to their reasoning behind putting it their in the first place.

I'm not sure what you would call a "real" jungle - if your definition is "like summoners rift," then you're being extremely specific. At it's core, "the jungle" is an area providing bonus experience and gold for your team overall and opportunities to surprise and support different areas of the map, and the new "jungle" does provide these things, just without the jungle-specific buffs.

Lack of pushing capability I just don't understand. Do you mean that it is more difficult to push your lane? Because these turrets die much faster than old TT turrets, which makes pushing them down extremely easy. The minions are the same. If you mean that you are punished for pushing via easy ganks, then you need to pay better attention to the map and communicate more with your team.

Forced Fights - Baron?

Forced Comps - right now, team comps for TT are extremely flexible due to the nature of no metagame being established. They are infinitely less strict than "bruiser, jungler, ap mid, ad carry, support"

no metagame? you should watch sam/vesh's streams sometime. sam (as in last season's top ranked 3v3 player) said, and I quote, "Man, like bruisers and one ap burst is, like, the only way to go, to win these."

I'd say that as it stands now, bruisers are pretty much the only viable meta.

Piggie B

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeval View Post
no metagame? you should watch sam/vesh's streams sometime. sam (as in last season's top ranked 3v3 player) said, and I quote, "Man, like bruisers and one ap burst is, like, the only way to go, to win these."

I'd say that as it stands now, bruisers are pretty much the only viable meta.
Metagames take longer than one week to establish.

DragnDave

10-30-2012

Squishy APs are just as viable on this map now. I don't get why everyone thinks only a full bruiser team can win. It just isn't true anymore...

Piggie B

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragnDave View Post
Squishy APs are just as viable on this map now. I don't get why everyone thinks only a full bruiser team can win. It just isn't true anymore...
The biggest issue is that mages - and ranged champs in general - have trouble contesting the altars, because you have to physically stand on it - within melee range of the enemy - in order to stop it from being captured. Certain mages are very viable, I love Anivia here; but they definitely have a tough time finding their place.

PedoDaBeaR

10-30-2012

Quote:
The biggest issue is that mages - and ranged champs in general - have trouble contesting the altars, because you have to physically stand on it - within melee range of the enemy - in order to stop it from being captured. Certain mages are very viable, I love Anivia here; but they definitely have a tough time finding their place.

Try out Xerath. Omg he's soo much fun. His passive works great in 3s

YeahBabyGetSome

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desocupado View Post
(post other theories)

I want it back too! I am not sure what in the world Riot was thinking of adding this new changes...like really! O_o? well if they keep this up they are gonna loose a lot of the 3v3 members who are diehards TT( like myself)....I already have lost about 10 buddies of mine who only play TT and who are 1700+ elo...they have moved on to new games b/c of this dumb change....and soon they will lose me..GG riot! keep it up!

Lisztomaniac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Quote:

Forced Fights - Baron?

i think by jungle he means a place with trees where you can juke enemies and confuse them, maybe lead them to a gank, new TT atempt of a jungle is pretty much a straight lane with some minions on the side.