Vilemaws Buff is Horrible for the Risk Involved

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

orc72

10-30-2012

For those that don't know, the vilemaw buff gives HP5, MP5, CDR and Attackspeed.

-Hp5 and Mp5 are only really good in the laning phase.
-With the ichors and one item that grants CDR you are at that cap of CDR.
-If your a champion that benefits from attackspeed, you will probably reach the cap by the end of your build anyway. If not there is a ichor to give you a phantom dancers worth of attackspeed.

In short this would only be good early game, but the point of the old Dragon buff (18% damage increase) and Baron buff, is they help you win a late game team fight.
Vilemaws buff doesn't do this, since the two major stats it buff are stats that have caps on it. I also don't see anyone going to attempt taking this while the other team is up, due to the massive armor/mr debuff vilemaw gives, and the ease to realize multiple people are mia (I know by 20 min in most people can solo it, but most treeline games end around that time)

I can understand not wanting to copy over the old dragon buff since it buffed true damage and made Darius/Olaf terrifying, but can we atleast get this buff to be beneficial?

BestBilbo

10-30-2012

I think it's like this because you have to consider all the buffs you are able to get on new TT.

Buffing vilemaw buff in combination with the possibility of the same team having two alters locked aswell, just might be ridiculously OP.

You might think it's logical for them to switch the buffs around, as the double altar buffs looks so much stronger, but if they'd switch it around, would people still be encouraged to fight for the altars ? TT has gotten alot more aggressive and atleast stopped the boring: pick jax, tryn, singed wait 40 minutes strategy. Though bruisers are still wrecking balls over there, it has gotten alot harder to drag games out like you used to do.

So switching the buffs around would make the game alot more passive, therefore indirectly buffing these late game scaling champions. Wich is something you'd never want.

I think it's fine how it is, what's the amount of gold you get for Vilemaw ? Maybe the amount is worth enough to go for it nontheless, like:"GO FOR DA GOLD'' and see this buff as an 'extra'.

EDIT: No need to downvote the OP lads, honestly. He's just asking something while he didn't really think properly about it, can happen.
Also, if any Riot'er might agree with you on some level, they might could make the Vilemaw buff give some extra stats/buffs to the guy actually 'lasthitting' the monster, this does make the buff stronger, and more of a tactical decision aswell as a bigger threat/reward to go for it or defend it.
'HEY GUISE, when we go for the vilewmaw buff, then we must stop attacking it so teammate X can lasthit and get the extra buff cause we need it against their teamcomp'. Though this does make the game more snowbally.
However, you could go a step further. Make the killer have the option to 'choose' a buff, like a Khazix upgrade: 'The person who lasthits Vilemaw may choose between 3 buffs: Buff 1: Buff for a bruiser, Buff 2: Counter against bruiser, XXXX extra buff bla bla, AD's wrecks Bruiser's balls more now, Buff 3: AP carry buff, like more ms or more damage against high HP targets or more Mpen or something. Would make the game more snowbally, but with this 'choose 3 buffs idea' also more possibility of comebacks/counterplay.

I barely play TT though so I don't have a solid opinion/view on this, just liking the idea of choosing a small extra buff for the character who got the lasthit on Vilemaw.

Warrikon

10-30-2012

Money.

Saigo Getsuga

10-30-2012

But you have and epic duel against a badass spider.

Binxy Prime

10-30-2012

You can solo him with a blade of the ruined king and any AS item on a ton of champs, just kill 1 person and if your other 2 people can 1v1 you can go for it.