The Law Of Role Playing (Oc)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Rumble

10-30-2012

Since I've been reading the rage thread a bit, I noticed that Rpers were getting very annoyed with all the raging other people were causing and were also ruining the other random conversation that were going on . I decided to make a room where players can post whatever they want such as what champion they play, something random like what's your favorite tv show, and start to get to know each other.

I thought about what would be the best way to stop all the violence is to make a room, it may not be the best way, but the point of this thread is to bring the players that hate each other stop hating each other.

Basically this thread is made for champions who fail, or can't stop hating, or don't know when to stop arguing, we force players who rp as champions that hate each other to learn more about each other, and hope for the best that it all works out, and if not and those players who role play as champions don't get along with others and keep making stupid arguments will be replaced and that player won't be able to role play that champion anymore.

We need some laws and hopefully this will calm down the situation. If you want to add a new law then make a post, and by votes I will make it a law if lots of people vote for it. However if you disagree with the law I just made please feel free to tell me so.

Other laws are obvious such as no trolling, players can't rp as other champions if they are already taken, etc.

Sailor Venus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Can't force 'laws' onto a forum that doesn't even have a dedicated mod team, however nice the idea is. Lol.

Dear Rumble

10-30-2012

Yes, we can't force the law, but if we all work together to make the law real than it is possible to force it on people. For example those who rp as champions who can't stop arguing over a stupid idea will be replaced and if they still want to rp as champions they will personally be ignored. However this will only work if people agree with this thread I made, it may not be the best solution, but it's a start.

Sailor Venus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

I think there are some people who were still pretty sore about our current Shen being completely kicked as Mordekaiser simply because people did not agree with his portrayal of the Metal Man. I think it's a nice idea, but kicking/ignoring will just make this place seem more elitist and like one of those really stuck up garden parties women have where they gossip and ignore the people they don't like. It really doesn't leave a good impression - but at the same time, I can't think of a better way to flush out those really 'toxic' personas.

I don't disagree with this idea, only the idea of forcing 'laws' down people's throats like a poorly prepared foie gras.

Script Lord

10-30-2012

**** you and this thread.

How about that?

SandscourgeSkarn

10-30-2012

It's a great idea in theory but what we work with now is the closest thing we can have to a functioning system of rules. All of us lack legitimate authority and so we can have laws all we want, people can just ignore them. People already do and it's only when someone can sit them down and calmly explain why our loose assemblage of "rules" even exist that they see the light.

It doesn't always happen, it won't ever always happen, but it's the best we'll get.

Dear Rumble

10-30-2012

Yeah, your right Skarn and Venus. Even though it may be a good idea, people will dislike it and will just flat out ignore it... What we need is admins to actually look at things and this role playing thread, but don't think that will happen anytime soon. Some times they do their job by deleted dirty rp, but it isn't enough.

Ask the Herald

10-30-2012

Yeah....well.....They don't really care all that much what goes on around here. As long as we keep things relatively SFW, none of the Riot staff are concerned with teh fate of the RP Forum.

It's the reason they created it in the first place. TO give us roleplayers a place where we can thrive.

Geokhan

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
Yeah....well.....They don't really care all that much what goes on around here. As long as we keep things relatively SFW, none of the Riot staff are concerned with teh fate of the RP Forum.

It's the reason they created it in the first place. TO give us roleplayers a place where we can thrive.

To give us space to do our thing without bumping someone else off in lore discussion.
AKA where they can worry about us less

Ask Demon Jester

10-30-2012

No developing your champions. If you don't like the way Riot made them... DON'T ROLEPLAY AS THEM.

That must a be a rule. Well... It's not a must but it would be nice.

I mean, what's the point in roleplaying a champion only to turn it into a bloody OC? Might as well have just made an OC and let someone roleplay the champion the way Riot made them.