Zyra has a consistently high winrate but no one cries OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thera Tears

10-30-2012

and Zyra is actually good for winning side lanes(that is the truth that 99.5% people will not agree) and say she can only be used for solo mid.

Epjest

10-30-2012

She has problems against Assassin's but is amazing otherwise.

With so many people playing assassin champions, she doesn't get played much, and when she does it's against favorable match ups.

Fiora Mid GG

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws and Games View Post
Because playing her is very... special.

She doesnt have the best laning phase... but she's one of the best minion/wrait farmers out there.
She has a snare and a slow... but she's extremly easy to gank and kill.
She has a high damage potential... but may die instantly if you pick the wrong momment/spot to unleash it.
Her snare is AoE and deals high damage... but is one the trickiest skillshots to land in the game.
She fully relies on fast/good positioning and medium range skillshots to play... But she has one of the lowest base Hp in the game (355+74 per level... only higher than Sona's) and 300 movespeed.
She's a sustained damage champion with peaks of burst that needs loads of mana, AP and CDR, so there isnt much room for survavility.

Get it? As Zyra, you pay very hard for mistakes but your gameplay revolves around doing the things that are the hardest for you. Every nerf was made to counter her actual gameplay and made her much harder to play as.That's why she's so underplayed yet so powerful. If you decided to embrace the nerfs and play her as hard as she is you will end up having sucess, but her unique and rare play becomes annoying for people just "trying her"
As a Zyra main..

This right here.

Drewbie

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
Because her nerfs made her rare. Playing with/against one is like catching a Shiny Pokemon.
ooooooooo... i like shiny things

FistOf7Dragons

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws and Games View Post
Needs moar to keep the pressure in teamfights with seeds and Q.
Also, you only get that 20% at lv 18. You need a lot of CDR much before that point
maybe im playing differently (wrong) cause sometimes illl max w>e so i don't find its a problem that and a blue pot/blue buff and i feel im fine never had a ton of mana prob's either (unless i spam e) some of this might be due to the people im playing against... as for fights i could see why you would want max cdr and AUG would be nice but i don't fell like i need it ._.

Silkdawn

11-01-2012

I have to agree with the guys saying shes weak and strong. Played right she brings a lot to the table for her team. She isnt the champ you "try out" for the first time against other players. She needs a bit of time getting used to.

Compared to a champion like Heimer who is similar in many ways she cant afford to make a mistake... anywhere or anytime. A misplaced Heimer turret is still there, a missplaced grenade might still hit and his rockets never miss.

With Zyra however, even halfway thru setting up a plant you might fail, leaving you with a pointless seed and a possible defeat a few seconds later, but when everything falls in line she can do a lot more than Heimer.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
Because her nerfs made her rare. Playing with/against one is like catching a Shiny Pokemon.

Heck no! Not even close...

DarkestPhoenix

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegademan View Post
Because then everyone would cry op when they see how easy an assassin champ farms her.
This, pretty much. Anyone with a gapcloser and a lot of burst damage demolish Zyra. And have since release day. Nobody learns counter play though.

AvariceSyn

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thera Tears View Post
and Zyra is actually good for winning side lanes(that is the truth that 99.5% people will not agree) and say she can only be used for solo mid.
I have done everything as Zyra; Jungle, Top, AP Mid, AP Bot, AD Bot, Support, and I agree with you. She's my absolute favorite champion.

Elkirus

11-01-2012

She has been nerfed to the worst class of the league... she is now a... support... :'(