We don't even Facecheck in Dominion adn we don't even have wards!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

So why are Treeline players losing their games and flaming their loses to the lack of ward by virtue of their own facechecking?

i Honestly thought you stopped facechecking at summonner level 10, was i that wrong??

Tempestphile

10-27-2012

nah, facecheck all day long

but why is it so hard for them to use lantern / hextech sweeper to check bush, i have no clue

urmamasllama

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestphile View Post
nah, facecheck all day long

but why is it so hard for them to use lantern / hextech sweeper to check bush, i have no clue
and if you tell them to do that on the forums they just dismiss and insult you. I've decided they are all just stubborn scrubs that aren't worth the effort helping

DiscworldDeath

10-27-2012

What is this thread good for? All you're doing is putting down players of other game modes.

Please stop.

NamKim

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
What is this thread good for? All you're doing is putting down players of other game modes.

Please stop.
I agreed. Besides, I get the feeling that those who really loved Twisted Treeline are not those who are raging. They probably like that Riot gave Twisted Treeline some love and but it is still too new for them to really make a judgement call if they like it or not.

As with the "facecheck" thing. Dominion haven't had wards in a very long time (or ever). We are just used to playing without wards. I wouldn't be surprised if high elo Dominion players now just have a natural intuition on map awareness. Those who played Twisted Treeline, removing wards is a HUGE change for them.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

the new map doesn't have that much brush anyways. They'll get used to it. More importantly, i hope that the turtling issue has been sorted, which was what most of their gripes were about.

BigDaddyRelish

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post

Please stop.
This. Just like how it took us a little while to develop how to stay safe in our jungle in Dom without wards, it will take TT players a little bit to develop their own safety habits to get used to life without wards.

67chrome

10-29-2012

Well, as someone who is bothered by the lack of wards and likes playing Dominion it boils down to a few factors:

1) The global objectives are obscured in the Fog of War, save for the altars. In Dominion you can see the capture points and the lanes, and the storm relics in the center of the map. There is literally no objective on the map that doesn't have vision innately over it. In Twisted Treelines Vilemaw is obscured in the fog of war, so are your lanes if they're pushed, so are the towers that don't belong to you. Which makes it considerably harder to check what you're enemies are up to by glancing at the mini-map alone. In Dominion, you've generally got a pretty good idea where everyone is. And when no one is on the mini map it's not to hard to discern where they are or where they are headed, considering you can see all the points of interest. In Twisted Treelines, the only way you can get map awareness of the same level is if you play a champion like Teemo.

2) Teemo should never be so viable he appears in every single game. He already gets played way more frequently than any champion should. And now he has a legitimate reason outside of being irritating. He provides significant map control with his ultimate. He can ward nearly the entire jungle with relative ease, and Vilemaw. His team will generally always know were your team is, and information like that will allow his team to attack when anyone on your team is out of position. And unlike Dominion were you can learn from your mistakes in the same game and recover from them, Twisted Treelines is not as kind. Falling to Team Teemo's ganks by having way more map control than they should will spell defeat more often than not.

Zulgaines

10-30-2012

I play maokai, I throw plant, plant facecheck.