When will it all be over, Riot? Give your community something!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Gang Of Babies

10-30-2012

^^^^ True, I understand some players love the new TT, and others like the old one, the logical thing to do would be keep them both

Alkein

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

keep em both!

Redenbacher

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
The forums are representative of the larger player base.

While it is true that more people complain than praise, the more "civil" discussions are clearly leaning towards a major fix on the new map being much needed.

And also that both maps should be available to play. Thus giving us more choice.

The new map is just bad in its current form. Riot Agrees. So there is no debate on this matter.

Thus, the only debate left is should we have both maps and I would suggest that 80 to 85% of players feel that BOTH should be made available. That's a clear majority, even with any skew bias and RIOT should accommodate.
I'd love to see sources for this information.

The forums would be representative of the larger player base... but I would venture to suggest that the vocal minority of players on the forums are far more 'hardcore' than the rest of the game's players. If 85% of the hardcore vocal players dislike the new map, but 60% of the TOTAL (what, 14 million?) player base enjoys the new map - which group do you cater to? That's assuming either of those numbers hold any weight - we have no hard data. Further, 'hottest topic on LoL' includes multiple 'ranting' threads made by the same raging individual. I'm not sure how you can quantify anything without hard data.

Personally, I think it a bad idea to support both maps. They're both the same game type - 3v3 'destroy the nexus' gameplay. That is the same reason they canned Magma Chamber - they weren't going to support two 5v5 SR-type modes. They should simply be tweaking the new map based on player feedback to appease both sides of the equation. If Dominion is any example, they're going to take their time doing that because of knee-jerk reactions and meta development. Unlike us, Riot has hard data - REAL NUMBERS - they will use to analyze who likes and dislikes the new map.

You have every right to voice your opinion, but don't state conjecture as fact.

Haeval

A Gang Of Babies

11-03-2012

I'd love a reply from riot, just as to whether or not they'll bring the map back?

But I know they won't.
They're too busy not caring that we want the old one back.

it188

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
Dude,

You need to open your eyes.

The call for the Classic map to make it's return is loud, daily and thus far the hottest topic in LoL right now.

And I think its funny that anyone would say they need to worry about diluting the player base of 32 million people on ah 4 maps, not 4000, not 400 ... 4. That's 8 Million per map on average. I guess diluting each map to 6.5 Million would be a disaster.

LoL. I mean really. LoL.
You could not be more correct my friend. I think that the stripping of the old TT is in an effort to force more players to play a map/game type that was not wanted.
I was an avid TT player and rarely ventured into summoners rift. Now I can't even stand to play TT and I have not played it in over 3 weeks. I have tried the new TT many times, but if feels like a watered down version of Dominion and i hated Dominion so why would I play a scaled down version of a crappy game type?
Why force something on your consumers that they don't want. Does anyone remember when Coke changed it's formula to New Coke? This is the same thing.... RIOT you are ruining my love of your Product and I want my original Coke back.