Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The nail in the coffin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SempaiPlease

10-30-2012

Personally i think both maps should be in league of legends because: 1.The new map makes it hard to have that fun treeline experience with all the bushes.(You don't know whats in them.) 2.The new map is basically hardcore version of treeline because they took out buffs and its easier to gank. 3. A lot of people have been affected and now are only playing on summoner rift because they don't like the changes.

Haeval

10-30-2012

Quote:
mrepicface:
Personally i think both maps should be in league of legends because: 1.The new map makes it hard to have that fun treeline experience with all the bushes.(You don't know whats in them.) 2.The new map is basically hardcore version of treeline because they took out buffs and its easier to gank. 3. A lot of people have been affected and now are only playing on summoner rift because they don't like the changes.

although I would agree with some of this, the bush thing is redundant. The point of bushes is that you can't see inside of them. However, they are somewhat poorly placed, I think.

As for the rest, I can definitely agree with your last statement. I can't play the new TT. It's boring. I won most of the games I DID play, but it's still too unbalanced to be fun for me right now.

I also liked the feel of the old one, and thought it was just fine that the Old TT was a smaller version of SR.... What was wrong with that? SR is the most popular map! to have a 3v3 version of it just makes sense.

SempaiPlease

10-30-2012

Thank you but the bushes is allowing only the best gankers to dominate the map.

herpderpsmurf21

10-30-2012

it doesn't help the fact that ALOT of my purchases were towards ranked 3s play

The Codyman

10-30-2012

leave the old map? why? the new one is better. Thats like them nerfing/buffing a champ then giving you the option to play which ever one you liked.

most of you need to come out from under the rock you live in and get used to the new map.

The Harlequin

Recruiter

11-01-2012

Up

CaptainAMorgan

11-01-2012

Quote:
Piggie B:
I'm not sure "Go suck RIOT off" is conducive of a legitimate complaint.

I'm sure you don't understand relevance. Because that comment was relevant only to the poster I quoted. Savvy?

Anyways, it's very clear what the TT community wants, it's clear what the SI community wants, and it's more than clear who is more vocal.

They have yet to give a legitimate answer as to why there cannot be two Queues. In fact the biggest face slap is them splitting the SI queue by making bots for the map.

RIOT can afford to lose thousands of players sadly, so they win.

GG RIOT. Enjoy your fanboys.

Grombolar

11-01-2012

Quote:
CaptainAMorgan:
I'm sure you don't understand relevance. Because that comment was relevant only to the poster I quoted. Savvy?

Anyways, it's very clear what the TT community wants, it's clear what the SI community wants, and it's more than clear who is more vocal.

They have yet to give a legitimate answer as to why there cannot be two Queues. In fact the biggest face slap is them splitting the SI queue by making bots for the map.

RIOT can afford to lose thousands of players sadly, so they win.

GG RIOT. Enjoy your fanboys.

I work in game design and have worked on multiplayer games before. One reason you don't want multiple queues is that it splits the matchmaking pools, resulting in all game modes/maps having less people in them. Granted, Riot has TONS of players so this is probably more of a minor problem than the other, which is maintenance. If you have two maps, that's most likely two teams of people who actively support it through bug fixes and balancing. It also doubles the amount of work when balancing champs. A change that would result in a minor balance change for a champ played in TT2 might have a much larger effect in TT1. Also money.

Sessamo

11-01-2012

Quote:
CaptainAMorgan:

I highly doubt addition of Co-op vs. AI will have any effect on the queue.
Outright removal of the PvP element appeals to a very different section of the playerbase.

SempaiPlease

11-01-2012

Quote:
LakerManCody:
leave the old map? why? the new one is better. Thats like them nerfing/buffing a champ then giving you the option to play which ever one you liked.

most of you need to come out from under the rock you live in and get used to the new map.

The reason why is people are not used to the new map and don't like the changes so they are kinda mad and making these forum posts.Personally i don't care but i prefer the old map to the new map. Im just saying that's my opinion.