Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The nail in the coffin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oxus

10-30-2012

The new Twisted Treeline is far above and beyond the old one. I'm really liking it.

CaptainAMorgan

10-30-2012

Quote:
Oxus:
The new Twisted Treeline is far above and beyond the old one. I'm really liking it.

Clearly not the point.

Go suck RIOT off in another thread.

We're complaining legitimately here.

Piggie B

10-30-2012

Quote:
Mr Burns:
With their release of Co-OP vs AI in the new TT format, I think it's safe to say Riot has ignored the complaints and is moving forward with their remake of TT. With that said, I won't be going on and on about how they need to leave both maps available or scrap the new one and only freakin' fix what was wrong with the old one...

But I'll say this: I've been extremely proud to be part of the community LoL had to offer and was always looking forward to supporting Riot through RP purchases, voting for them when they were nominated for awards or watching the streams. I've honestly never been disappointed with where they were taking the game until the TT remake. It's not much coming from 1 guy, but I'm never buying RP again. They literally killed the one map I spent the major part of a year on.

I don't wanna write a lot of paragraphs going on endlessly about what they did with the map, it's already plastered all over the forum. I just wish they would sit down and read everything the community has said and realize it may have been a screw up. Give us our map back Riot...what the hell?

I'm not saying you're wrong; but you need to bear in mind that forum posts are predominantly complaints. Very rarely do you see an honest thread called "X is super amazing!" followed by an analysis of X and why X is so great. What you do see is "X Sucks" or, the more constructive "X is bad/meh and here's why." Just because people have complained - and many of those complaints have been valid - and they have complained enthusiastically does NOT mean that "the player base" has complained. The psychological profile of "forum-goers" also has to be taken into account; "Players of League of Legends" and "Frequenters of the League of Legends Forums" are not the same thing.

Piggie B

10-30-2012

Quote:
CaptainAMorgan:
Clearly not the point.

Go suck RIOT off in another thread.

We're complaining legitimately here.

I'm not sure "Go suck RIOT off" is conducive of a legitimate complaint.

The Harlequin

Recruiter

10-30-2012

Quote:
Piggie B:
I'm not saying you're wrong; but you need to bear in mind that forum posts are predominantly complaints. Very rarely do you see an honest thread called "X is super amazing!" followed by an analysis of X and why X is so great. What you do see is "X Sucks" or, the more constructive "X is bad/meh and here's why." Just because people have complained - and many of those complaints have been valid - and they have complained enthusiastically does NOT mean that "the player base" has complained. The psychological profile of "forum-goers" also has to be taken into account; "Players of League of Legends" and "Frequenters of the League of Legends Forums" are not the same thing.

I'm one of those guys that only reads forums sometimes if I'm bored. I never really post. Except what they did to TT kinda shook my standards. Enough to make me want to express how I felt. I understand people are more prone to give negative feedback than positive, but with THIS MUCH negative feedback, I think there's grounds for concern.

I don't believe REMOVING the old TT entirely was a good call whatsoever. They want to introduce a new map? Be my guest, don't take out the other one tho.

CuteCake

10-30-2012

Ignored the complaints? I'm pretty sure all they need to see is that people are actually playing TT now, why would they cater to a minority? A couple people on the forum complaining multiple times (the same people that complained about the old TT) is not going to change their mind. Grow up, they're a business not a daycare

FrostRevenant

10-30-2012

Quote:
Mr Burns:
With their release of Co-OP vs AI in the new TT format, I think it's safe to say Riot has ignored the complaints and is moving forward with their remake of TT. With that said, I won't be going on and on about how they need to leave both maps available or scrap the new one and only freakin' fix what was wrong with the old one...

But I'll say this: I've been extremely proud to be part of the community LoL had to offer and was always looking forward to supporting Riot through RP purchases, voting for them when they were nominated for awards or watching the streams. I've honestly never been disappointed with where they were taking the game until the TT remake. It's not much coming from 1 guy, but I'm never buying RP again. They literally killed the one map I spent the major part of a year on.

I don't wanna write a lot of paragraphs going on endlessly about what they did with the map, it's already plastered all over the forum. I just wish they would sit down and read everything the community has said and realize it may have been a screw up. Give us our map back Riot...what the hell?

the sad truth is that the nay sayers for the new map are a minority. Its not that they dont listen but i agree with their stance as the "parent" they know whats best for the game and will make changes that (while unpopular) make the game much more healthier. They cant sit here and be the "best friend" and please everyone, nor should they try to. Its clear to see you became very attached to the old map but theyve already pointed out a ton of problems with the old map which are resolved with this new one.

As far as my stance, I like the new map, i play casters, I can actually play casters on the new map and i like alot of the details they put into the map. I never played the old twisted treeline because it was trolling tryn and his bunch of high escape buddies time and time again. The list of reliable characters to choose from was very small and simply didnt appeal to me.

The Harlequin

Recruiter

10-30-2012

Quote:
FrostRevenant:
the sad truth is that the nay sayers for the new map are a minority. Its not that they dont listen but i agree with their stance as the "parent" they know whats best for the game and will make changes that (while unpopular) make the game much more healthier. They cant sit here and be the "best friend" and please everyone, nor should they try to. Its clear to see you became very attached to the old map but theyve already pointed out a ton of problems with the old map which are resolved with this new one.

As far as my stance, I like the new map, i play casters, I can actually play casters on the new map and i like alot of the details they put into the map. I never played the old twisted treeline because it was trolling tryn and his bunch of high escape buddies time and time again. The list of reliable characters to choose from was very small and simply didnt appeal to me.

My main problem is that the "problems" they pointed out from the old map were problems to those who didn't grasp how the map worked. The only real problems were the turtling and FOR ONLY SOME PEOPLE, the jungle difficulty. All the changes they made to the map make it an entirely new map.

What I'm saying is don't ditch the old map. That's all I'm asking.

Sessamo

10-30-2012

Old map was an abusive relationship.
When times were good, it was easy to forget the enormous number of times it shouted at you, hit you for no reason, stole your money or was just overall psycho.
When the old Treeline worked it was a lot of fun. But the good matches were totally eclipsed by the times that it spawned all wraith camps at you, you played 3v2 while Tryndamere flew around the map eating all of the camps, or when you were on their nexus tower for 20 minutes because not a single super minion could touch their tower.

Noobtactical

10-30-2012

I really like the new TT