Takeing a thing for wow

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drinkadin

10-29-2012

you should make ranked q like world of Warcraft q have a role slection like wow q for a ADC carry spot or jungle this would kind of stop 2 people wanting the same role and 1 leaving or trolling just a thought

GetLikeMe14

10-29-2012

Nah, I don't like this idea. I understand that there are basically assumed roles, but one does not have to use the meta to do well. And if we restrict the roles, new ideas will no be utilized as the game evolves.

Drinkadin

10-29-2012

your not restricting roles your just calling a spot like this

[ ]Top [ ] mid [ ] adc [ ] support [ ] jungle

you can still pick what ever champ you want if you want to do something different but your calling a spot of the feild

Drinkadin

10-29-2012

this is aimed to stop two people fight for a role

AdaroTeiji

10-29-2012

The point GetLikeMe14 is trying to make is that people shouldn't be forced into the meta top, mid, adc, support, jungle game. Even if people can still talk and switch around in champion select, it would make players wayyyyyy less willing to experiment and try something new, and will cause the game to grow stale. If people want to experiment and go 3 mid and 1 top and 1 bottom, they can, because even though most people expect typical meta it's not "set in stone" so to speak. The goal that riot is trying to achieve is to make games fast paced and varied. Not to mention Riot doesn't tend to plan meta, players themselves tend to create it. The day after they implement such a system, players may find a new better way to play, and then such a system would be meaningless and confusing. Riot wouldn't want to stifle the creativity of the player base by preventing them from experimenting with new formats. If you pick a role, you'll get 4 players who are EXPECTING to play with a top, or a mid, or a bottom adc, rather than going into a match hoping for it but willing to play different.

tl;dr such a system would be stifling and make all players much less willing try out new methods of play than they are now (which is saying something).

Not to mention the waiting time for anything besides support would be huge...

edit: not to mention it would create a stronger sense of entitlement among those who want to play a role that they DESERVE to play that specific role, and the incidences of ragequitting due to one player wanting to partake in experimentation would surge

Drinkadin

10-29-2012

i see what your saying but this would be for ranked solo/duo q only so you can still try what every you want in normal and the entitlement of who needed each role would not matter because if you q ad you would be the only person in that lobby for that role

Also most of the time people are not willing to swap i don't mind but most people do

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-29-2012

Hey look, this thread again.

CrystalisX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

This thread keeps popping up. This idea doesn't stop players from trolling, they can still pick whoever they want after they get queued into the "role". It assumes that players know what they are going to play, but many times players have only 1-2 champs that they might be good with in a role and that could be taken, banned out, or just hard counterpicked. I think the easiest solution is that if you want to have assigned roles for all players of your team, you should simply find, create, or join a ranked team where you all have assigned roles.

Perhaps the biggest reason this could never work practically is matchmaking would never be able to find a game in some ELOs. Go ahead and take a guess how disproportionate the number of players who want to play top/mid/adc are over jungle/support in the lower elos.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-30-2012

Okay, I'm bumping this thread so that the two threads that suggest the same idea are right next to each other.

This idea is not new, original, or good. Stop making new threads about it.

The other thread:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2742500

casatore

10-30-2012

the reasoning benhind it is sound bc i have game where u call the role ( as mentined in here) and some one else pick it because they are in top of u, but on the other hand the reason why all games are not draft pick is so that the player can learn to play all the roles, and chose the one that the player like the most miking it his/hers main.

So the game itsef is made so that all the players are competent with all the roles and champ.

Now a different aproach can be that the player need to have a elo ( on normal win to loose ratio) to be able to play in ranked game. so that the player that are q can be the same skill lvl. something like hon . that can be implemented and not have any damage done to the freedom that we all like.