How do I lower my ping?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calobius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

For the past 2 days I've had ridiculously high ping and I don't know why. Two days ago I was doing great, my ping was around 112. Yesterday, I get on and think everything is fine, get into game and see that I'm hitting orange-red ping. Thinking it was one of those times where it just says it and it goes down I thought nothing of it but in game it got worse. My ping spiked to over 1200, and yes that is how much ping I had. So, thinking it'd be solved by today I check and same problem. Can anyone help me solve this or know a way of lower my ping?

Calobius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

bump

DarkScythes

10-29-2012

Stop downloading p0rn

Superalex121

10-29-2012

Well since you didn't move at all, it might be because there's someone using your internet at the same time you're using it. Normally that's fine, but if they're downloading something or there's more than, say, 5 people using it, then you'll notce your ping going up.

Calobius

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superalex121 View Post
Well since you didn't move at all, it might be because there's someone using your internet at the same time you're using it. Normally that's fine, but if they're downloading something or there's more than, say, 5 people using it, then you'll notce your ping going up.
Only 3 people have access to my internet. My parents and me. This occurred when I was the only one online, same thing when I tried today. I'm the only person home but the ping is still super high.

SP3

10-29-2012

Move to inside Riot's servers.

ecstaSTEVE

10-29-2012

download more ram. works for me

Calobius

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScythes View Post
Stop downloading p0rn
If it was this I'd have been screwed months ago.

Artem

10-29-2012

This have happens when you use your internet to much and internet company slows your internet connection down. It should be back to normal with your next monthly cycle.

Calobius

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemart View Post
This have happens when you use your internet to much and internet company slows your internet connection down. It should be back to normal with your next monthly cycle.
Come to think of it, whenever I try to watch stream it's really breaky, like it'll play 2 seconds of it and stop, and do so for about a minute.