Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Suggestion] Giovanni, the Demacian Cook.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1c6ca26700858defae1f1

10-29-2012

Giovanni, the Demacian Cook

"Although we owe the food to gods, it's the devil who have sent this cook."
Swain.

Story
Young child of the people, his father worked as a clerk in the kitchens of the palace of Demacia, this is how the young Giovanni discovered the world of gastronomy. Straying into the castle to follow his father, he quickly became known by his colleagues. At the age of 15, he took his first steps as a cook, showing an uncanny ability in the handling of food. He gains experience and rank, he was then at 25 years old, the youngest chef of Demacia. To caring for the warriors of the city-state participating at the League of Legends, and to defend the flag of his country, he decided to join the fields of justice, to put his skills for Demacia.

Description
Almost the size of Gragas, small and fat, a curley mustache, white cook clothes and white toque. Its auto-attacks are plates launched like a frisbee. His dance is a Loituma style, he takes a leek and makes it turn. He has an italian accent. We are currently working on a visual representation of the idea, I hope it will be finished quickly.

Voice
Selection: "On the spot... or take away ?"
Taunt: "I'll eat your liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."
Joke: "Which one of us will be stuffed the first ?."
Teleport: "Eat up ! Before it cools..."
Recall: "Hunger is the best sauce in the world."

Movement: "What's cooking ?"
Movement: "At your service."
Movement: "A watched pot never boils".
Movement: "I am the chief cook, and the bottle washer !"
Movement: "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Attacking: "Set the table !"
Attacking: "Many cooks spoil the broth !"
Attacking: "Somebody wants to be grilled ?"
Attacking: "I will bring you to boil."
Attacking: "A goose is cooked."

Use Q: "Taste that !"
Use W: "Soup up !"
Use E: "Cheese~!"
Use R: "Dinner's ready !"

Stats
--------------- Start ------------------ Lvl 18
--------- HP: 480 + 90/lvl ---------- 2100
-- HP Regen: 7 + 0.5/lvl ---------- 16
------ Mana: 255 + 42/lvl ---------- 1011
Mana Regen: 4 + 0.5/lvl ---------- 13
------------- AD: 54 + 3/lvl ---------- 108
-------- AS: 0.74 + 2%/lvl ---------- 1.000
---- Armor: 15.5 + 3.5/lvl ---------- 75
--- Magic Res: 30 + 0/lvl ---------- 30
--------------- AP: 0
------- Range: 525
Move Speed: 310

Spells
Passive: "Devil's in the Details"
Every 10 seconds without using spell, the next one obtains an additional effect.

Q: "Pieing"
Giovanni launches a cream pie on a line dealing 10/35/60/85/110 +0.75/AD Physical Damage, and taunt the enemy hit for 1 sec. If the enemy is hit from the front, he is blinded for 1 second. With the passive, damages are doubled. Cooldown: 8/8/7/7/6 seconds. Cost: 50/60/70/80/90 Mana. Range: 700. Visual: A cream pie, when it reaches its target, there is a projection of white cream around the enemy. Shines a bit with the passive.

W: "Soup Kitchen"
Giovanni pours in a 350 units area around him a soup that heals allies for 10/18/25/32/40 (+0.1/AP) per second (Heal Giovanni only half). The mana cost increases every second. Cooldown: 15 seconds. Initial Cost: 2, then 2/4/6/8/10 added Mana per second). With the passive, the mana cost is divided by 2. Visual: A bit like Amumu's tears but with more consistency, color orange. Shines a bit with the passive.

E: "Say Cheese"
Giovanni sends a smelly cheese with a radius of 125 remaining on an area for 5 seconds. Any enemy entering in the area is scared for 0.5 sec. Affected enemies are visible for 5 seconds. With the passive, if an enemy is at the center of the area, he is stunned for 1 second. Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12 seconds. Cost: 100/120/140/160/180 Mana. Range: 1050. Visual: A gorgonzola type cheese covered with mold in places, with a gaseous atmosphere which exudes a yellowish color. Shines a bit with the passive.

R: "Devil's Kettle"
Giovanni invokes a pot for 10 seconds containing a spicy dish with a radius of 125 on an area which block movement. In an area of 700 around the pot: Increases attack speed of allies by 20/30/40%, movement speed by 20/25/30%, and all enemies in the area suffer 40/50/60 +0.2/AP Magic Damage per second. With the passive, the area of effect is increased by 350. Cooldown: 120/90/60. Cost: 100/150/200 Mana. Range: 700. Visual: A big pot in the center, which contains a kind of chili con carne, the area around is red, dry, and it boils. Shines a bit with the passive.

Discussion
Welcome to the League of Legends Champion Spotlight featuring... Giovanni, the Demacian Cook. Me and Bibah, the co-creator of this champion, are French, so sorry for eventual mistakes, and we would love to hear your corrections. We're also open to any proposal for the balancing, any improvements, or whatever. We obviously try to create a champion that fits perfectly to the game.
So let's discuss ! What do you think of the idea ? Of course, it's supposed to be a support, but I will play him as a jungler because he deals tons of damage.

By XIII and Bibah.

azelfion

10-29-2012

seems nice

better nerf irelia :hap:

LacrepeBaloney

10-29-2012

I think that you should makes your W scale with AP instead of ad.. or your ult sacle with AD.. because I don't think that a hybrid/support would work. Personally, it would be interesting to create a AD/support. Additionnaly, I would add someting to your passive... to makes it more interesting. (everytime you claim a kill or an assist, your passive is reseted, or something like that) But i like the general idea thought!

IS1c6ca26700858defae1f1

10-30-2012

I think you talk about the Q. That's not an hybrid support, we aren't supposed to build AD or AP on him (but Shurelya, etc...), the AD ratio is just for slightly increase the damage, by the base AD. Of course, we could increase the damage of the spell and put an AP ratio, but in that case why playing support and not otherwise, as Lulu ? This AD ratio provides moderate damage throughout the game.

For the passive, I don't know, I see it more as a bonus, and there isn't yet a similar concept in the game, I think it's already enough. But if someone has a better idea for it, why not !

SaintPinHead

10-30-2012

I think you have inspired me to try to think up a Noxian cook now Like the current work, I would say just polish it up, and it would be pretty good.

Fkin Be Rad

10-30-2012

Riot pls

IS1c6ca26700858defae1f1

10-30-2012

Thanks guys ! Does Riot really look these suggestions ? And is this possible that they create a champion with ours as an inspiration ?
Ahha, I have a copyright on the cooks now, sorry SaintPinHead ! I would like to polish the creation, but how ? Any ideas ?

SaintPinHead

10-30-2012

They do look at the champions, they might give constructive comments, and on an ultra rare occasion, they might design a champion around a concept (From what I'm told Volibear is one such champion.) As for the cooks thing I'm working on one in my down time at work. To be honest, as of now it's a cook of sorts, but you'll see when I'm done. I'll come back when I have time to sit and read your concept again, and try to help.

IS1c6ca26700858defae1f1

10-30-2012

I've indeed heard of it for Volibear. But there are many good suggestions, and only a few are designed. Can I really hope that Riot will be interested in mine? Ahha.

IS1c6ca26700858defae1f1

10-31-2012

Just a little bump, some people flood the forum with underdeveloped and uninteresting threads...