Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Request for Kassadin Build/tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whiffle

10-03-2010

Looking for people who play and thrive on Kass to give me a few pointers and a build order, thanks for any help in advance.

Waterslicer

10-03-2010

You should probably take middle lane on kassadin
I start with a sapphire crystal + hp/mana pot
-> Upgrade sapphire to tears of the godess and get boots 1
-> Get mejai's soulstealer + potion of brilliance (the blue pot)
-> Upgrade boots to sorcerers boots
-> Get blasting wand, if you have enough for needlessly large rod, then get that instead.
-> Build either Zonya's or archangels
-> Build the other one you didn't before.
-> If the game goes on you can get anything really, lichbane/GA/ banshees.

so endgame everything would look like

Archangels staff : Sorc boots : Mejais : Zonyas : Lichbane : GA

Harass with Q, try to play pretty defensive. When you hit 6, go ahead and blow your skills on your low hp opponent. This should usually get you a kill 80% of the time if you harassed properly. After level 6 and your lane has pushed to the tower; go bottom or top and help out with ganks, which is what kassadin really excels in. Grab blue buff with some help from a teammate to make it go a bit faster. Never go in to the fight first; wait around untill your tank / initiator goes in and wait till they blow off their stuns/snars/ults. Now your job is to go in and take out their squishiest / threatening carry (Annie, Yi etc). Thats really all i can think of atm, hope it helped a bit.

RagingDonger

10-03-2010

Ok, that 1st post was an AP Kassadin. Viable early-mid game and against certain hero lineups.I recommend Rod of Ages, Void Staff, and Merc Treads as core. Then rush rageblade then progressively via either rushing the lifesteal cutlass or the spell vamp revolver. This build is anti-snowball so you won't get strong very quickly but at the sametime your reliability is higher especially since your survivability is much higher.

Carados

10-03-2010

You'd be better off with a DFG then a gunblade, even if going hybrid for some reason. And there isn't a reason to get a Philostone.

Ozomataz

10-03-2010

Try something similar to this. It's a spin on the build Statikk posted about a month ago. Try to get mid if you can but top 2v1 is acceptable too.
Doran's Shield + hp pot
Mejais
Sorc Boots
Tear of the Goddess
Haunting Guise
Zhonya's
AA staff
Mpen reds, Mp5/lvl yellows, CDR/lvl blues (or ap/lvl), and flat hp or ap quints
9/0/21 masteries

RagingDonger

10-03-2010

Oh wow, sorry. I used to do philostone but i find it's outclassed by catalyst. Thought I removed that, I will. I normally go hybrid to scale with game and because I like Kassadins passive. Can't comment on the DFG bit, as i don't know what it is!

kijik

Recruiter

10-03-2010

Archangels, is ****ing, terrible. that is all.

Look up my guide. You need items that give you some level of survivability, rushing archangels just makes you food to die in one stun and get pew pewed by that angry ashe you keep targeting.

Pipin

10-04-2010

I do agree that rushing Archangels is terrible and RoA should be perfered on kass, but mana is his scaling. The more you riftwalk the more you hurt. And even lategame you can dish out some pretty hefty Riftwalk combos with 2.5k mana and blue buff.

kijik

Recruiter

10-04-2010

and the more you riftwalk the more you risk going oom and getting your face kicked in by anyone, including eve(lawl)
just because the more you use it means the more damage you do doesn't mean it's good, it also forces you to get directly in the face of an enemy where taunt/heavy melee dps will just whip your ass. My guide allows you to stack enough AP along with enough survivability to be able to burst people down and still take a hit if the enemy team gets smart and starts targeting you, and they will, they will burn every cc they can on you.

Heero OZ

10-04-2010

i olay diferent, and agreed with kijik about rift. to be honest i use his ult much more for improve my position than for give dmg, i belive kass great secreat is his 3 skill, low cd, hight dmg, and great aoe, plus his silence he dosent need his ult do do dmg anymore, so i use it only to get more ppl into my 3 skill and to finish the enemy, i make for him ROA, sorc boots, Zhonya's Ring, AA, abyss and most of time void as last if i didnt give gg before, ive test also make him a deathfire, and it work great, but never before roa u will need life to make good use of this. i also agreed that kass doesnt need mana regen early game, unless u farm on minions, but as i do it on heroes and ganks a hight mana pool and life is whay better. one more thing banshee is also a great item for kass if u are having trouble with cc users.