Okay... Am I the only one who thinks going for Vilemaw is pointless?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tom BombadiI

10-29-2012

My team went for spider at level 18 (Katarina had a full build, I was close [as Garen] and our Elise was close to a full build as well) I had about 3.8k health with 150+ armor and it got me to less than half from full. Elise and Kat almost died from it (having gone in with full hp.) and their team came after we had killed it and killed us all easily (Amumu ult) despite the fact that we had maintained team fight dominance throughout the game and were far ahead in gold. They went on to push our full HP (yet still weak sauce...) turrets and end the game before we were even up. Towers need a buff and spider needs a nerf IMO. I don't think 194 gold and some lame buff is worth it. Like I really can't think of any circumstance where it's worth going for Vilemaw. If the enemy team is down it makes WAY more sense to just push turrets (considering how fragile they are...)

NOTE: While I agree that Ebonmaw was way too weak and gave way too huge an advantage to the team that killed him--I think Riot may have over-compensated with Vilemaw.

I also realize that certain comps are going to have more success against Vilemaw (I was in a game where a full build Warwick was able to solo Vilemaw...) Regardless, I don't think your comp should inhibit your ability to kill Vilemaw at level 18 and with full builds... Heimerdinger, Soraka, and Janna should be able to kill Vilemaw at level 18 with full builds... Any team should...

Well anyway, just my opinion--everyone's entitled to their own. Post your thoughts! : )

FriendlyRaid

10-29-2012

Vilemaw is really strong. He can totally wreck your team if you do him too early. So he can be a gamble and that's kind of the problem, what he gives you isn't worth the risk until very late in the game.

I've been watching top 3v3 streams including Sam from Gucci Gaming and they almost never do Vilemaw, it's more about the altars and laning.

For as tough as he is, I think the reward should be upped somewhat.

DragnDave

10-29-2012

I dunno, I've had absolutely no problems soloing Vilemaw with Rengar at lvl 16 on. I did it once at 14, though I almost died.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Seen Rengar, jax and Jayce soloing it at level 10, also i Duoed it as a Warwick+Pantheon combo at level 12, while our riven was busy playing tag and overall distracting the enemy team. when we got it riven turned and got a triple kill, it was hilarious xD.

CaptainAMorgan

10-29-2012

Pointlessly hard boss that doesn't repay the time you used on him?

Yeah.

Stick to wrecking their base.

WrathgarWarlord

10-29-2012

Playing this map is pointless. I give it another 2 weeks, max, and then people will stop fapping over it and see if for the craptastic map it really is...

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

It seems like it's there to break stalemates. Like, if you have one of their inhibs down and are getting some minion pressure into their base, but for some reason they are still turtling it out, the Vilemaw buff PLUS double altar would almost certainly be enough to end the stalemate.

HayabusaZero

10-29-2012

Vilemaw scales with time, so the longer the match goes on, the stronger he is.

So far, i have killed him with different teams and champs around lvl 10-11 without a problem (especially if you are Warwick and have tanky items). But i have to say that we all had either great burst of damage or a good sustain in each of the matches.

What i have been questioning lately is if the buff worths the effort of killing him or not.

ApolloMk2

10-29-2012

What?.. My team usually does vilemaw at lvl 10 without smite... you must be doing something wrong if your almost getting a wipe at lvl 18!

Kalarepa

10-29-2012

I agree that it's pointless. You go for Vilemaw, when you're already wining hard. You don't want to push their base and win game yet, so you need something to do.
Or when you're some Fiora or Warwick and want to check, can you solo it already.
Or when you're losing and you want to come b... oh wait, most likely enemies will kill you at Vilemaw. Or somehow you kill him and still lose, because you're still much weaker than snowballed enemies.

But I don't agree, that he's hard to kill. He's good vs teams, because he deals a lot of AoE dmg. But I'm pretty sure, anyone with some lifesteal can easily solo it. So far I know, Fiora can solo him on lvl 11. And if Fiora can do it, then probably Warwick, Udyr, Lee Sin or Fiddle can solo him even earlier.