Are any squishy champions viable?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taggrin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Teemo, AD wukong, casseopeia, ezreal, syndra, diana, evelynn, fizz apparently, gragas sorta, ad jarvan sorta, kat, kennen, orianna, shaco i think, soraka if you think shes squishy, zyra, ad xin zhao....

Most of the squishies are AP carries, which become viable with new item choices in 3s, like Blackfire Torch. It creates viability for 90% of the mages that otherwise would have no use in 3s because of the "whos tankier" meta from the previous map. The new map isnt really the cause as much as the items for the change in meta. ez is still strong even if he cant pop over walls, maokai is still good because he has sight. but now champions like Syndra and casseopeia are good in part because of blackfire torch (though one can argue she was good before too).

The sortas and apparently's refer to having not personally seen them in action but are a viable option on paper, or they are only "sorta" squishy, depending on your definition of squishy / how you build them. For example, jarvan isnt traditionally referred to as squishy, but if you go lantern brut, he is most definitely squishy. even if he is naturally tanky. Thats what I mean. Hes definitely squisher than a true offtank like darius or olaf in that situation.

This comes from Plat 3s play and spectating diamond 3s play.

Istariman

10-31-2012

I have gone 6-4 with Xerath, without building any tanky items. In all 4 games I lost the enemy had a Darius. I've heard several people complain that Darius is OP on this map, but that's for a different thread. Squishy champs are viable if they have enough range or equal number of squishies on each team

Taggrin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

i beg to differ. both my team and my friend's team have yet to lose a game with ap teemo if the enemy team has no standard caster. Blackfire torch makes any squishy caster viable against any tanky dps, accounting for exceptions and assuming equal skill level.

Whelk

10-31-2012

I'm not anywhere near a great player, but from what I've seen in co-ops I would think that Heimer would have potential in TT. There's so many easy to trap choke points and such, I could see him actually thriving there.