Are any squishy champions viable?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ching

10-30-2012

played teemo and did well. teemo is just OP

Haeval

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
I've been testing out a few new comps with Hao and Raina and we think we found a primarily squishy comp that might actually be fairly competitive...

We'll have to scrim against Sam's team on stream sometime and see if it measures up xD

I think a lot more squishy champs and squishy comps will be viable when the changes RiotNome mentioned take place... more flash-able walls, for instance... Been enjoying watching your stream, btw, Vesh.

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Brand and Zyra are both very strong. although you can't build glass cannon, naturally.

TheM0ve

10-30-2012

Having one squishy is pushing it in TT. If you have two its over.

MarsCollective

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
You shouldn't be playing Ashe (she was bad on old TT too), Teemo is extremely OP on TT2. I'm not sure about Lux, I haven't tried it yet on TT2.
Dont listen to him. You should be playing whatever you want to play, and you can.

Honestly, if you are running a 3 premade, every champion is viable and can potentially stomp face, as long as you build the team around it and/or you are using them as a counter to their team.

If you wanna go Ashe, have 2 peelers for you or build a full kite team if their team doesnt have many gap closers (i.e if they are running Darius, Olaf, etc) and its gg if you play it correctly.

Sadly, some champions are not 100% viable like for example Lee Sin which is a champion that pretty much fits any comp and does so very well. You cant run Ashe vs a team like Lee/Jax/Diana because they will destroy you pretty much no matter what due to the amount of gap closers they have. Or running a kite team vs Irelia/Singed because you will hardly be able to kite them properly due to their cc reduction.

So in the case of Ashe and other squishies/not 100% viable champions, your best bet is to play them vs the right enemies and with the right team, and you will own.

Im not too great of a player myself (only gold on old TT) but Ive seen Sam/Vesh/BaBeeQ/Vsepr/etc too many times to count in both old and new TT, and Ive seen them own face with pretty much every single champion out there (yes, even Karma).

I suggest you watch their stream/videos and see it for yourself, and how they do it, etc. and then do it yourself.

TL;DR: With a 3 premade and the proper team comp, any champion is viable, squishy or not.

Good luck!

Calicifer

10-31-2012

Annie is pretty solid. Her burst damage is insane and it helps mitigate the fact that she can blow up

Enchantz

10-31-2012

Lulu is incredible on TT against bruisers that cant rush/jump on you

Runix

10-31-2012

The question of if "squishies" are viable is a separate question of if an all-"squishie" team is viable. I certainly think more vulnerable Champions are viable, as long as they're on a team with other Champions that can protect them, and as long as they work as a team.

Teemo does very well in the new Twisted Treeline, particularly as he is a rare source of warding. His final score may not be terribly impressive, but with solid map control and Blinding Dart, he can help set up effective ganks, and with Move Quick (and Flash) he can frequently get out of trouble.

Katarina is also very good, particularly with Shunpo. As a general rule, any Champion with a built-in sprint or flash will have much greater survivability, which is why someone like Tristana would be preferable over Ashe.

But I think it depends heavily on the comp, and particularly if there is a good tank protecting the "squishie". Nautilus and Shen can both do an excellent job of keeping heat off other team members, and Blitzcrank likewise. If there's a good tank keeping the bruisers off the other team members, it increases their survivability, and hence their ability to contribute to the team.

I think one problem with TT at present is that a lot of games are random team games where it's every man for himself, which makes it really easy to pick on the squishiest Champion in the battle. Solid team play dynamics could certainly change that.

Kwisatz Haderach

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoizengerd View Post
on this account, lvl 29
Katarina - 10/0/14 (WIN)
Viktor - 8/2/12 (WIN)
Katarina - 11/5/5 (WIN)
Viktor - 3/1/12 (WIN)

in my main, lvl 30 ranked
Viktor - 11/0/7 (WIN)
LeBlanc - 6/2/13 (LOSS)
Tryndamere - 14/3/10 (WIN)
LeBlanc - 9/3/6 (LOSS)
LeBlanc - 11/6/6 (LOSS)
Viktor - 10/8/10 (WIN)
Xin - 6/1/3 (WIN)

i'd reckon they are quite viable
your leblanc seems to disagree

Hoizengerd

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwisatz Haderach View Post
your leblanc seems to disagree
really?? how so?? you weren't in those games to see how my other teammates affected the match, i went positive KDA on all those matches, that's plenty viable for me...it most likely wouldn't have mattered who i had played as in those games as my teammates weren't very good, when you play with people who don't understand strategy or certain champs abilities it makes the game so much harder

most of the people playing right now on TT are all gun-ho and don't think much about poking or baiting or strategizing, they see something and just go ham