Easy-to-use Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrazyMotoka

10-29-2012

I've been playing LoL for some days and been using Kayle for almost all of this time. I play very good with her (considering that I just started) but want to buy another Champion now and I'm having some difficulty, I can't find one that I like AND is cheap (1350 max). Can anyone suggest me a Champ that is newbie-friendly (isn't complicated to use) and costs 450 or 1350?

kadouseishirou

10-29-2012

I recommend fiddle or amumu. They are easy to use

Swarm Formation

10-29-2012

garen

zraven7

10-29-2012

If you don't mind playing support, I've found Soraka easy to use, and people love having her in a game.

OsirisBlue

10-29-2012

Ashe is pretty good ranged offense, but there's a lot of competition for her around new players...

Oddible

10-29-2012

If you're just starting, why not play the free characters until you find one you like? Also, playing different characters in the beginning will help you learn the game more than playing just one over and over.

Judas Priest

10-29-2012

It depends on your play style, but I recommend champions that do not use skill shots and those who are somewhat tanky or bruiser, so you won't die too much.

Malkshakevanilla

10-29-2012

Teemo. Teemo is the most noob-friendly champ for 1350 ip, and the best part is that the enemy team will hate you!

Grymdyn

10-29-2012

I don't know how useful it will be, but when I was starting I went kind of a different route. I went for champions that didn't have a mana bar. Dr Mundo, Tryndamere, etc. Getting used to the mechanics was easier with that one less thing to worry about.
Oddible has a good point though, play the free rotation champs. I've made a couple impulse buys that weren't really worth it later on because I hadn't played them before. Also, when you're ready to put money in, go for the collections of champs. Way more bang for your buck.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

10-29-2012

I recommend trying out a champion who has a specific combo. If you can get used to pulling off the combo, then that will help you gradually start paying more attention to other things like last hits, map awareness, etc. as pulling off the combo becomes second nature.

Examples of combos:
Maokai - W, walk past them, Q backwards
Lux - Q, throw E, autoattack, pop E, R
Pantheon - W, E, Q
Blitzcrank - Q, E, R, stick to them with W if necessary