@Riot - "Ruler-smacking sounds" on Mistress Fiora are absent

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Superßoy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

"A new taunt animation and some ruler-smacking sounds on her attacks and abilities ought to make you think twice before misbehaving in Fioras classroom."
- http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2726657

Just bought Mistress Fiora and found out there are no new sounds that was advertised on the thread above. Any updates on if it was a mistake or the sounds missed the patch somehow?

RiotMindbullets

Associate Development Manager

10-26-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey Superboy!

I just pulled her into a game on NA and listened to see if the sounds made it in. They are definitely in there and different than the base. Is it possible they are subtle enough that you are having difficulty hearing them? If this is the case I will definitely pass this feedback along to the audio dudes.

IS13537e7a92416eab299e3

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMindbullets View Post
Hey Superboy!

I just pulled her into a game on NA and listened to see if the sounds made it in. They are definitely in there and different than the base. Is it possible they are subtle enough that you are having difficulty hearing them? If this is the case I will definitely pass this feedback along to the audio dudes.
I'm also having trouble to hear it.It still sounds like a sword to me.I hear more slicing than smaking,really.
On a side note,the animation doesn't go well with the ruler.Fiora should actually...slap the enemies with the ruler and not try to slice through them.

Finch Toast

10-26-2012

I'm able to hear the smacking.

the AD God

10-26-2012

I kinda hear it, but if you guys can make it better go for it.

Superßoy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Oh then i guess im not noticing the diffrence >.< il go play some games with her other skins and see if i can find the diffrence because it sounded like if it was her sword to me

greeperpeeper

10-26-2012

The smacking is certainly there, although it is incredibly subtle. If you could upgrade it the way you did with Arcade Sona's sounds, it would certainly make the skin more fulfilling. Her Q is still very metallic sounding as well, so that could be contributing to what is throwing people off about it. I honestly haven't been paying attention to the sounds when I'm using her ult, so I don't know if the sound was even changed there.

I like the new taunt animation, though!

The Star of Hope

10-26-2012

I think the problem might be the swish of the attack sound (and ripost effect) which sound like a sword - I have no idea how you can tell the difference between a sword and a ruler swishing, but I noticed it even before reading the thread. The actual impact sound is more of a ruler thwak with the headmistress skin. I don't remember noticing the ult sound, but I only used it under pressure.

Helm

10-26-2012

Hey i'm just gonna chime in here to mention that I can indeed hear the ruler sound just fine. It was a great addition to the skin imo

Kikhan

10-26-2012

Ya it is different but, it is certainly subtle. A ruler has a distinct should be wooden smacking sound. It still kind of sounds metallic. Part of it might be riposte which still sounds the same aswell andit is muchmore distinct and sounds the same.