Should the current match making system be changed?

Yes, I think we should allow players to select their desired roles in Draft and Ranked Mode. 113 52.07%
Yes, I think we should allow players to select their desires roles in All Modes of play. 43 19.82%
Yes, it should be changes but I have a better idea! 13 5.99%
No, it's perfect and shouldn't be changed. 48 22.12%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Turning Elo Hell -> Into Paradise (Developer Suggestion)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-31-2012

Please stop bumping this thread. All of these threads that have suggested this idea are being consolidated into one thread, located here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2744432

Please continue the discussion there.

Rokkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

I enjoy the idea of this, but implementation would ruin the game.

Yes there is a "meta" of roles and 99% of games (in my ranked experience so far) fall pretty close into the meta. But forcing the meta by locking into a position (or a few) and possibly being punished for not saying you could support with a 10minute wait time only to find out the guy who did say he could support is actually not going support at all would suck 1000x worse then the current system.

LoL's queues are fast, you get in and hopefully work out roles in champ select, every summoner should be able to play every role in Ranked, if it's not ranked then go something your good with in a position you get stuck with and learn from it.

Dungeon Queues were one of many things that absolutely ruined the fun of WoW for me. It took so much away from the community (finding people for a group, actually having to socialize, traveling to the location to see the beautiful World, the advantage of a guild to do stuff with instead of for "perks", even learning from failure). It also made getting a dungeon group actually wayyyy worse for every single DPS in the game which of course was the majority of players.

Please Riot do not implement this.

Better regulations for trolls in champ select (recording and reviewing champ select chat) and a more open mind to trying things slightly beyond the "meta" solves this problem.

RG Clockwork

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
What if, even, TSM and CLG realize that a jungler is actually a wasted resource in the new jungle of S3 and that it's better to go duo-top. How then does Riot decide if the 5 'SoloQ Roles' should be Top/Jungle/Mid/Bot/Bot or
Personally i think it should cycle between the two having a 50-50 chance to get either. Therefore one game you have a jungler and the next you may have a jungler again but the game you might not.

Not his full message but the part i wanted to talk about

Dieinpeace1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

Yes,

it should be changed. But to be honest that have a functional system that they refuse to use because it makes higher elo players queue to long. this idea is just stupid and really wouldn't work. Also riot is not really interested in bowing to the meta. They encourage innovation and new ways to play. So this would not happen. I am not positive on what change they made a year and half ago towards the middle/ end of season 1. But they adjusted the MM system and it was awesome for about 2-3 months. Until they reverted it back to the system we have now because high elo players would end up being stuck in queues for up to 40 minutes or more.

LogicalTautology

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dreamer View Post
Personally i think it should cycle between the two having a 50-50 chance to get either. Therefore one game you have a jungler and the next you may have a jungler again but the game you might not.

Not his full message but the part i wanted to talk about
Please just stop. You're being ridiculous.

KegStand

12-21-2012

This would be kinda cool to have. Sorta like WoW when you que up for a random dungeon. I was also thinking they might be able to incorperate a vote kick which the leader of the room may be able to select or something to that nature. If a vote kick by the rest of the players is achieved then you are all kicked back out to the waiting que. No harm in that right? Then you just start up a new match otherwise without the same guy trolling the room before the match even starts.

That's the biggest thing I find. If you can eliminate a big part of the issue right from the get go that would make it so much better. Especially for a player like me who is stuck in the depths of hell where it happens all the time lol.

Drakojan

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSauce View Post
This pole accounts for >1% of the lol community because the rest of them are sheep and don't want to get involved. they are usally the ones who are that troll kid
So... I either agree with you or I'm a sheep. Good to know, really backs up your argument.

Mich567

01-22-2013

This is a decent idea... but I want to add something to it... you should have a list where you can tick boxes like your #1 choice, #2 choice, etc... for example:
#1: Top
#2: Mid
#3: ADc
#4: Support
#5: Jungle
If people are willing to read, you could even add a box where you could list your preferred champions for the roles... or just leave it blank if you don't feel like filling it out or just want to counter them.
Also, we don't need a set meta... we need a little flexibility. Maybe there should be an option that says "I would prefer not to play the meta"...

KlunkTheSpaceCat

01-22-2013

Pogo, it is actually nice to have the poll at the top of the thread. In the big curated thread we see the opinions of people who post, but not of the folks who are just reading along.

I do agree that a Role Based Queue would go a long way towards fixing a lot of frustrations that get in the way of our LoL fun! Well-done, OP. If we are lucky maybe we will get a Red response.

KlunkTheSpaceCat

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieinpeace1 View Post
high elo players would end up being stuck in queues for up to 40 minutes or more.
Aren't the high Elo players the ones who can play virtually every champ? Why should they queue for just one role?