Should the current match making system be changed?

Yes, I think we should allow players to select their desired roles in Draft and Ranked Mode. 113 52.07%
Yes, I think we should allow players to select their desires roles in All Modes of play. 43 19.82%
Yes, it should be changes but I have a better idea! 13 5.99%
No, it's perfect and shouldn't be changed. 48 22.12%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Turning Elo Hell -> Into Paradise (Developer Suggestion)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ADC SENPAl

10-29-2012

It's so painful to read these posts and know that you have no idea how reality works. Let me tell you what happens if you allow people to select a specific role for ranked. People in the low elo range "the average" 1200 and below would have probably 2 minute queue times, now that's fine and good. However, for people like me who are1800's finding a game late at night could last up to two minutes queue's to 5-7 minutes on average. Now I'm not even that high or a rating compared to the people who are in the 2300+ rating. Who's queue times ALONE can be 10+ minutes, IF people select their role before queue, anyone about a certain elo range, would take so long to queue up it wouldn't be worth waiting 20 minutes for a game everyday, especially if someone dodges

You are asking for something that is unrealistic and will never happen

CrystalisX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Here's two easy solutions for the OP.

1) Get into a ranked team. As you are premade, you supposedly would already have your predefined roles.
2) Suck it up and learn how to play every single role in an effective manner that can pass for ranked. If you are horrible at something, it is likely because you lack practice and experience with it. By avoiding to playing that role, you will continue to lack practice and experience with it. The only way to get better is to play it and play it often. You may suck at first, but eventually you will get better. That is of course assuming you are willing to learn.

Hoizengerd

10-29-2012

i have a much better idea...let me have a "ban list" of players i don't like playing with
anyone on that list can't be matched with you in games

AdmOrian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Thank you for all your feedback.

@LogicalTautology: Right you are there are some varying meta strategies that this would inadvertently discourage, however if you can talk your team into it, it can still be done. In your example of double mid I would recommend Quing as support and mid, the 2 roles you would be replacing and asking your adc if they would mind being solo to support the strat.

@ForgiveEnemy: That's why at high elo you probably would select that can you play all 5 roles, assuming you can.

@Crystalisx: You couldn't be more right both of those work, and for now I certainly have been trying to learn to effectively play each role. But having to work on varied roles does not allow me to be able to really focus and master a single role as effectively as I would like. That's something I feel the current system is missing.

@Hoizergerd: I believe that has already been implemented, it is called the ignore list. Very useful from time to time

So far I see a lot of great points, and think I may understand where you guys are coming from. But most of the things it may feel like this system is taking away seem immaterial, by either communicating with the team or Quing for 4 or 5 roles a person is able to do everything they did before. As well as being able to master specific champions, roles, or techniques. I often want to work on something in some particular role but have to play a different role to accommodate the teams needs, having my practice interrupted decreases my rate of learning a certain bit.

Hoizengerd

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmOrian View Post
@Hoizergerd: I believe that has already been implemented, it is called the ignore list. Very useful from time to time
this does not stop them from getting paired with you, only from sending you messages

Grahffz

10-30-2012

I think its fine the way it is

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-30-2012

These threads now have a database.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2744432

SilentSauce

10-31-2012

This pole accounts for >1% of the lol community because the rest of them are sheep and don't want to get involved. they are usally the ones who are that troll kid

DiplomaticHero

10-31-2012

Not many play support so if we do that then it will take for ever to find a team. Plus i like choosing my role depending on what champions i have on my team. If i wanted top and someone else wanted top lets just say that he wants to top as darius while i want top as cho gath. I'd generally want darius to go top. So thats my thought

Obsolete Banana

10-31-2012

If anyone has ver played world of Warcraft I think there should be one of the dungeon queueing this sort of how when you queue you tick whether or not your top, mid, jungle, bot, support, or random. And match up one of each as the random can be just the filler space if the last position is needed.