Comcast internet.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Methvelin

10-02-2010

Is it just me or is anyone else having a problem with Comcast internet disconnecting them constantly? I would say every 2-4 hours I'll get a 5 minute disconnect that can happen 1 to 3 times in a 20 minute period and it is the most frustrating thing in the world when it disconnects me during a league game which basically ruins it for me. Anyone else having this problem? I just recently upgraded my Router as well as my Modem and it didn't fix it what so ever..

Edit: It actually fixed it for about 2 weeks then it went right back to disconnecting.

Omega Therion

11-03-2010

Figure I may as well bump this despite it being ancient. I, too, am having the same problem. LoL is the only game where this happens and it's irritating. I don't know what's wrong with the game or why Comcast has a vendetta against it but there needs to be something done.

Crosskiller

11-03-2010

comcast was rated worst company in america this year. this is because they use a packet blocker system.

this system randomly deletes random packets of information. nothing happens to web surfers, but for gamers its causes horrible lags/dc.

id advise getting another provider

Omega Therion

11-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosskiller View Post
comcast was rated worst company in america this year. this is because they use a packet blocker system.

this system randomly deletes random packets of information. nothing happens to web surfers, but for gamers its causes horrible lags/dc.

id advise getting another provider

Except that I've never had a disconnect in any game but this one. This issue is one strictly tied with LoL. I don't disagree that comcast is horrible, but they pretty much own everything with decent speeds.

Senor DB

11-03-2010

I have the same problems if it makes you feel any better. FUUUUUUUUUU comcast!

Omega Therion

11-04-2010

Daily bump until someone says something.

Manirelli

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

Call comcast and have them troubleshoot, tell them you are constantly getting disconnected at fairly regular intervals. Last time this happened to me, they restarted my service from their end and it worked pretty well afterwards. Give it a try.

Weyln

05-04-2011

Fix your crappy wooden servers riot, I'm tired of trying to play your game and then get disconnected EVERY SINGLE MATCH FIX YOUR ****.

Feegert

07-23-2013

I know this thread is ancient, but I've tried everything (almost):

-Opening necessary ports
-Prioritizing ports using QoS Setup
-Upgrading internet speed
-Refunding Teemo

The difference it made was rather disappointing.

I'm will switch internet providers if someone can post an article about the Comcast using a packet blocker.

Please someone enlighten me because after the 3.9 patch only 1 out of every 4 games are actually available.

Hearts Grow

07-23-2013

This is an issue with a node from an ISP that is peering data for Comcast. The node is dropping packets because it is overloaded during certain times. The dropping of packets causes the issues that players are experiencing.

For more information please read this thread in entirety: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3693054