Mouse Problems - Windows 8?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainBritan

10-28-2012

I'm wondering if anyone else out there who has tried using Windows 8 with LoL has had this problem. (Or if it's a different problem entirely). I just tried playing a game with Windows 8, and the cursor location didn't match the pointer click at all, which made it impossible to do anything. Even trying to open the shop at the start of the game, my mouse cursor was hovering over the shop, but when I clicked, it sent my character 5 feet up and to the right of where I was aiming rather than opening the shop. I spent a good 5 minutes trying to fix my resolution and screen settings to match, but nothing made it work. It only happens when I start a game. In the main log-in screen and in character selection, the mouse works just fine.

Any ideas? Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is it Windows 8 related or something else?

Thanks in advance.

Baby Rocky

11-04-2012

Quick bump, I am experiencing the exact same thing under Windows 8, where the cursor is not clicking where the mouse pointer is. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Baby Rocky

11-04-2012

A quick bump on the issue, as I am also experiencing an issue with mouse clicks within LoL games. Whenever I click, the location of the click is not where the mouse pointer is at. Also running Windows 8, anyone else have any feedbacks on resolving the issue? Thanks!

RevKuntaKinte

01-14-2013

Bump this.

Got a Windows 8 computer for my dad for christmas and just today tried to play LoL on it. and I'm having this issue! It needs to be addressed there is no information online!

Oh Poor You

01-15-2013

That's weird...i just got a new laptop with windows 8 too and don't seem to have that problem at all. I'm using a Microsoft wireless mouse.

Leon04

03-30-2013

bump bump bump

Please Riot fix this issue it is so terrible all of my teammates get mad at me every game because I have to exit and reenter the game every time. VERY ANNOYING FIX THIS BUG OMG

It is an issue with windows 8. THIS IS SERIOUS BUMP THIS THREAD

I am using gtx 460 geforce with newest drivers.
windows 8

on my windows 7 computers never have this issue.

on my gf laptop she has windows 8 but never experience this issue, she also uses geforce video card.

it may just be for desktops

sirpengi

04-05-2013

For me the problem was high DPI scaling (I'm on a surface pro). I changed the DPI settings as directed here: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answe...2Fppi-monitors and it worked out (note, I didn't actually have to restart the computer, just had to kill LoL, change the DPI, and start up again. YMMV. (Also, that link is nvidia related, but the directions apply to all windows8 machines as far as I know).

sirpengi

04-05-2013

For me the problem was high DPI scaling. Adjust your DPI as described in the link: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answe...2Fppi-monitors

Note that this link is applies to all windows8 machines, not just nvidia. Also, I didn't have to restart the computer (as the settings app asks you to). I just killed LoL, made the change, and got back into LoL and then the mouse was fine again. Worked for me, but YMMV.