Elise sucks!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Void Ray Cannon

10-28-2012

Correction: Elise players suck.

Mages are my thing. Assassins are my thing. I'm right at home with her and doin' fine. We'll soon be hearing the skitter-skatter of little spider feet.

Let's hear it for the people who are good at mages, good at assassins, know how to play both, and know how not to play one just like the other!

Xyler94

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Hey fellow mage assassin,

Irie Vibrator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

hear hear

Hitro

10-28-2012

build?

MaybeitsMalzahar

10-28-2012

Highland Tryndamere needs rework, thank you.

PickleChutney

10-28-2012

I've yet to see a good one.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

10-28-2012

Elise is difficult to play for the same reason that AP Trista is -- you have to know when to sit back and wait, and when to commit for the kill. A lot of people fail at AP Trista because they commit too soon for Rocket -> Buster, missing the kill for their Rocket escape, simply because they can't wait -- they just want that kill RIGHT NOW. Most AP Mid Elise's I've seen have the same problem. They start with the whole harass from afar thing, but then bloodthirst strikes and they go spider and jump on someone in the middle of the enemy team with Rappel, and then wonder why they die.

Elise has it easy though, because in human form she has all kinds of ranged harass tools to whittle people down. All she needs is an initiator like Malph, Hec, or Amumu to draw everyone's attention away from her and make a mess of the enemy team's positioning so she can go spider and Rappel down on the now defenseless Ranged AD or enemy AP Mid.

MaybeitsMalzahar

10-28-2012

Bump for Highland Tryndamere fix

MrGarthonk

10-28-2012

I've found her, whilst relatively difficult to play, very rewarding. I suppose that's because my main is Orianna, but I enjoy playing with Akali and LeBlanc.

She feels a lot like LeBlanc to me when using her as a midlaner. I'm able to easily dominate enemy champions in lane, since her burst combo becomes strongest before anybody else's (she doesn't need lv6 to reach a full burst, lv3 is the minimum!) and she's a very strong roamer.

However, she falls off lategame- much like LeBlanc, she's too short-ranged with her Q to poke effectively, her W is quite slow, and if she engages in a fight, she dies pretty much instantaneously, since she is, by definition, a single-target assassin mage.

If I was Riot, I'd do two things to drastically improve Elise:

1) Neurotoxin needs to scale its %damage with level. Rather than being a flat 8%, it'd be much better with 6/7/8/9/10. A slight range increase might make it a bit OP in lane, but it'd be counterbalanced by the reduced %damage early on.

2) Rappel would become infinitely more useful (rather than a gimmick) if it reset on kills/assists, like Tristana's Rocket Jump. That way, her role as a single-target assassin would be much more useful.

Magni

10-28-2012

Mages and assassins are my two favorite types of champions to play.

Elise is pretty bad at being one or the other or both.