Riven Build Suggestions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Murdnunoc

10-28-2012

Hello,
I love playing Riven on the new TT but I have been wondering about the itemization. There is no Bloodthirster or Guardian Angel which are her bread and butter. Mostly I have been building Brutalizer->Lord Van Damm's Pillager as my first big item. Getting boots depending on the opponents(merc or ninja tabi). I have also been building the new item Blade of the Ruined King...not sure how effective it is for Riven since the cost to AD ratio isn't great(but the active is pretty good). I usually also get a Hexdrinker->Maw of Malmortius and maybe a Randuins Omen depending on how it's going. Last Whisper depends on how much armor they have.

Not sure about Sanguine Blade...since you do need to stack it up...and also not too sure what order to get these items in. All seem to do pretty good on her. Would going for a Grez's Spectral Lantern also be worth it on her?(usually don't build it unless there is a stealth champ or Teemo).

Henry Plainview

10-28-2012

Yeah, I don't like Sanguine Blade either. I haven't figured it out yet either, why can't we have a pure AD item besides IE if you're going to take away Bloodthirster

Fanderey

10-28-2012

I've been building the exact same as you, although I've also built an Aegis a couple times when I thought my team could use it (I find that pretty much every fight in TT is a team fight so it's worthwhile if no one else is building it). I actually build frozen mallet once too (which I normally never do) but I had a squishy team that didn't have a ton of cc.

Overall though, I feel lost without my bloodthirster. No matter what I build it feels wrong ><

Elodin

10-28-2012

Grez's is pretty good on her. The active is useful for more than just shrooms (helps bush check without running in) and the AD/Armor/passive proc help with both jungling and ganking.

Saguine Blade does feel worse than BT no doubt about it, but it's almost 1000 gold cheaper than IE and it's pretty much the best we can do as, in my opinion waiting for IE takes too long.

Van Damnn's is amazing and it helps make up for the lesser SB, also Maw is a pretty good item if they have an AP that is giving you trouble.

Sam

10-28-2012

Vesh enough said.

Henry Plainview

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Såm View Post
Vesh enough said.
????

Murdnunoc

10-28-2012

I have been looking at Vesh and he has been building a Frozen Mallet usually. Lord Van Damm's Pillager is of course always a great item. He doesn't often build a Grez's but does usually build a Sanguine Blade. Of course a Last Whisper depending on how much armor they have and he seems to build Hexdrinker/Maw I'm guessing depending on the opponents AP champs.

I do think building Blade of the Ruined King is not that useful even though it has a nice active. Riven just doesn't depend on auto attacks as much.

Also not sure about more defense items..since we lost Guardian's Angel...maybe a Randuins depending on their team comp.

I also do wonder about the Ichor of Rage...any good times to get it? The stats on it give so much value for the cost.

Murdnunoc

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elodin View Post
Grez's is pretty good on her. The active is useful for more than just shrooms (helps bush check without running in) and the AD/Armor/passive proc help with both jungling and ganking.

Saguine Blade does feel worse than BT no doubt about it, but it's almost 1000 gold cheaper than IE and it's pretty much the best we can do as, in my opinion waiting for IE takes too long.

Van Damnn's is amazing and it helps make up for the lesser SB, also Maw is a pretty good item if they have an AP that is giving you trouble.
The one thing about IE that I don't like too much is that some of its budget goes towards crit...which isn't great on Riven(at least from my experience). I haven't seen anyone building for it or using masteries for it really and I'm not sure it would be better than just a straight AD build.

WrathgarWarlord

10-29-2012

OK so here's what you do...

Not play this map cause it sucks.

Bam,

Signed,

Trololololo FU RIOT FOR RUINING 3v3!

Noobtactical

10-29-2012

man WW, you got some hate issues, lol

I was curious about Riven items too, thanks for posting this.

I like the new map.