jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shadow99999

10-29-2012

why do people think it's a good idea to jungle on the new TT every game but one i had one we lost cause they never help bot lane

DragnDave

10-29-2012

Because it is? I push my lane, then clear jungle. Rinse and repeat. I end up leveled higher than the other team just because the jungle is so simple to clear while letting your lane reset.

Ruf

10-29-2012

jungling is extremely viable (at least way more than the old TT) on the new map. If your team can take both altars to start, and just farm for the first 5 minutes of the game, you'll be so far ahead on gold that the game is pretty much decided at that point. Especially if you grab some key GP5 items....love the new items that build off the GP5 stuff.

So you had a baddy that didn't gank bot. That's never happened to you in summoner's rift? Don't hate on jungling just because you had one bad teammate.

shadow99999

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragnDave View Post
Because it is? I push my lane, then clear jungle. Rinse and repeat. I end up leveled higher than the other team just because the jungle is so simple to clear while letting your lane reset.
well yea that way but the people i get put with go straight into the jungle and don't really ever come out of it to help lane untill about 15 min into the game

shadow99999

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruf View Post
jungling is extremely viable (at least way more than the old TT) on the new map. If your team can take both altars to start, and just farm for the first 5 minutes of the game, you'll be so far ahead on gold that the game is pretty much decided at that point. Especially if you grab some key GP5 items....love the new items that build off the GP5 stuff.

So you had a baddy that didn't gank bot. That's never happened to you in summoner's rift? Don't hate on jungling just because you had one bad teammate.
oh it's not one baddie it's more like 20 atleast in only a couple days

Aikimiller

10-29-2012

Jungling is very competetive on the new TT map. However, the same caveats apply to as on SR- if the opposing teams doesn't have a jungler and sends a 2v1 lane, your team needs to understand how to deal with it.

If your team mate doesn't know how to 1v2, then you've got a problem. Particularly in solo queue, and particulary if they are playing a champ that's UP on the map. Because there isn't an established metagame about what you "should" do in the situation, a lot of people don't have the required skills to deal with it, and will end up feeding, losing you the game, and then blaming the jungler.

Ruf

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow99999 View Post
oh it's not one baddie it's more like 20 atleast in only a couple days
By jungling, they're giving you a gold / experience advantage in your solo lane. They will take longer to level as a result, and some champs just don't gank well until they have their ult. For example, I jungle with Amumu on over half of the games i've played on the new map. Sure i can toss a bandage and do a little AOE damage before lvl 6, but if i can free farm until level 6, now i'm jumping in lane with enough gear to actually survive when I ult / shred the entire enemy team.

I won't say i'm useless before the 15 minute mark, but if we can keep altar buffs and farm for the first 15 minutes, that would be a way better time to initiate a team fight, get an ace, and start dropping towers / go for the spider buff.

Maybe your teammates are just choosing bad champions for the jungle role?

shadow99999

10-29-2012

i don't know to many people that are good at 1v2 i am but i was forced to when my team had a jungler and the other team didn't on summoners rift

DragnDave

10-29-2012

I've seen that 9/10 times everyone goes jungle until 2 min in, then 2 bot 1 top. I think it should reverse though. I think the 2 min jungle for altars is fine, but it should be 2 top 1 bot. Reasoning behind that is spider boss is top, so 2 top means an easier time getting her down quicker. Though if I solo top Rengar I just solo her by level 14 or so.