Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What ever happened to Nocturne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

12fingerJIM

10-28-2012

I remember he used to be played a lot, but I haven't seen him at all recently. Did he get a big nerf or something?

AdmiralAardvark

10-28-2012

Still strong at the competitive level, but they kept nerfing his ult CD so that in solo queue where ganking is easier there are stronger junglers. However, every 2 minutes Nocturne gets a kill, so he is still good.

12fingerJIM

10-28-2012

so then is he worth picking up since he's on sale right now?

Brodhi

10-28-2012

The nerf to his ult's CD means he cannot gank "as often" as other Junglers. Usually as Nocturne you don't gank much pre-6 since he has no hard CC other than his fear (which he has to be in melee range for). Maokai, Skarner, Lee Sin, Shyvana, and other tanky junglers have either better movespeed + damage than him, or straight up better CC/Utility than him.

The only teams that ran him at world was iG and WE, both of which lost. I think Nocturne is strong, it is just with the current mobility meta CC-oriented junglers like Maokai/Skarner/Amumu and bruiser mobility junglers like Lee Sin/Shyvana are just downright better in most situations.