should i smartcast everything for every champ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kenji The Engi

10-28-2012

Pro tip: smartcast Kart's R for maximum damage hue

Albireo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

You could make your own criteria about what do you thing will be more comfortable to smart cast and what do you thing you will mess up if you smart cast

That's it.

You can even found pros who don't smart cast at all, like Froggen, who you rarely see missing a skillshot, and Dyrus, who even play a lot of time in fixed camara and doesn't smart cast overall, or pros than don't use smarcast in AOE stuff like Veigar.

And you will see people who smartcast everything, even things like Veigar stun, like bigfatlp.

So, yeah, click and point skills make you faster, but for skillshots it's your choice.

CBlazer

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtleHD View Post
I personally change key bindings for champions I play. I usually smart cast single target or spamable abilities and regular cast the high cd ones or important skill shots like lee sin q. For example I regular cast anivia q w r and smart cast e. I smart cast e on orianna but regular cast q
Yeah. Champion-specific and ability-specific binds are a good way to go. I do the same. It does require you to play a champion for a while, to find the configuration that works best for you.

Pro tip: Always check your Keybindings at the start of every game, to make sure you're set up for the right champion. Nothing worse than tossing an errant Ashe ulti because you weren't expecting it to be on smartcast, lol.

jadeking

10-28-2012

Most pros don't smartcast because it isn't as accurate

Jwong3

10-28-2012

it depends but people who tend to smartcast are usually pretty bad with their skillshots. not everything is dependent on speed, accuracy is important as well. do what you are comfortable with.

Eninya

10-28-2012

I don't smartcast anything. I've tried teaching it to myself several times, but it's just way too inaccurate with the champs I play. I still surprise people when I tell them I don't smartcast. :\

Niqhtmare x

10-28-2012

dont smartcast everything lol

just smartcast the spells that need to be executed fast

Xenîth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

I generally don't unless I'm very familiar with a champion's skill range.

Mk5StrikerEureka

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The True Wolf View Post
it's hard at first, but ultimately allows you to execute faster
but NEVER on Rumble ult or Viktor's E. Just don't do it

If you are having trouble smart casting these type of skills, you hold the key as you drag your mouse the direction you are aiming. Its easy once you get the hang of it.. but yes every spell can be smart cast.