Kassadin and Jayce players deserve no honor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NamKim

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Vinum View Post
You know you can get banned for filing false reports, right?
Dr. Professor Lyte even stated (or at least hinted) that if you tend to report a lot more than what is considered normal (which is determined by your peers and statistics), then your reports actually start to hold less weight.

Eventually, you can report all you want, nothing happens.

As for the banning for filing false reports, that's a little different. Dr. Professor Lyte just banned the people who were undeniably abusing the report feature. Even though he may be reporting for unnecessary and childish reasons, he is probably no where near that level. These guys are the people who reported nearly everyone every game. These guys all tried to appeal their bans, someone from Riot personally looked at their profiles, and determined that they actually deserved their bans. I think Dr. Professor Lyte went as far to say that none of them got their bans removed.

I do find some irony that someone with "TryScience" in their summoner's name is going against the very math and science that built the Tribunal and the report feature. Granted that it doesn't really matter since Dr. Professor Lyte already had this in consideration and planned accordingly.

Also, it is unnecessary. Riot already knows that the two are Super OP. It's just a matter of getting them to do something about it.

Vsin

10-30-2012

Ehhh, I was Anivia bot yesterday and I honoured the enemy Jayce. Just all round playful banter that mostly involved me trying desperately to make anything happen, and him instagibbing me every time I failed.

Panzerzs

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genericke View Post
In blind pick mode. Please make sure you never honor them, whether they're on your team or the enemy team.
~~~~
With the strong sportsmanship in tournaments and the fact that the top teams play the tier 2-3 champs all the time, I kinda just get frustrated when I see kassadin in Solo Q.

-Which relates to my next line
-Ranked Dominion please so we get no kids spamming kassadin jayce ( and maybe teemo now with his ridiculous ap burst kit)
~ Hopefully that reason is sufficient to make u agree with me =(

SuperQuackDuck

10-30-2012

I havent seen jayce since the new TT patch... Where'd he go? Granted, im hapy about it. But i wonder...

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperQuackDuck View Post
I havent seen jayce since the new TT patch... Where'd he go? Granted, im hapy about it. But i wonder...
they nerfed the base damage on his hammer stance to 0, Honestly people that played him because he's Op are knee-jerk reaction to Nerfs and "Riot screwing go-to champion"

Anidan

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperQuackDuck View Post
I've seen him, just not as often because now you won't see the players that played him simply because he's not as OP anymore. He's still good and the players that actually liked him will still play him, but still. Just like no matter what, i'll still play Ez, or Annie, or Lee Sin, or Fiora.

Cless

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

I must be in the Twilight Zone version of Dominion. I get more honorable opponents when I'm playing Jayce than when I'm playing as any other champion.

Sauron

10-30-2012

There isn't anything wrong with reporting Kassadin and other OP spammers you see, just as there isn't anything wrong with reporting provisional team abusers, smurfs, and Elo boosters in ranked. There's no dropdown categories for any of these and if that's what you want to use your report weights on, go right ahead. The Tribunal voters are the judges.

otirruborez

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
There isn't anything wrong with reporting Kassadin and other OP spammers you see, just as there isn't anything wrong with reporting provisional team abusers, smurfs, and Elo boosters in ranked. There's no dropdown categories for any of these and if that's what you want to use your report weights on, go right ahead. The Tribunal voters are the judges.
there was a giant thread with tons of riot replies on abusive reporters. they think it's wrong and you will get punished for it if you do it enough.

Sauron

10-30-2012

No, the people who were abusing it and got banned were the people who were reporting 9 people every game for no reason. That's the kind of abuse they were talking about.

Filing one extra report per, probably, four games on average, isn't going to come anywhere close for automated systems to consider abuse. I'm just saying, these reports go to the Tribunal and humans with little sense of context (Dominion) are going to be voting on it.

It's really not any different from the situation of reporting smurfs or Elo boosters when they don't say anything in the ingame chat. They may have advertised services in postgame or you might be reporting them because you saw them advertising elsewhere, but Tribunal voters won't have the context and will still make a human decision.

If these are the things what you want to put your reporting weight on, go ahead. Regardless of case outcome it's not going to make an automated system clamp down on you unless you're spamming reports left and right.

I kind of feel like I just threw words at this thread and didn't really offer anything constructive nor did I take a side. Hrm. Better make a fart joke.