Kassadin and Jayce players deserve no honor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naotasan

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambitflash View Post
I never ever honor ... people who say "honor me" or "honor all" (begging is not honorable)
What if you had a 32 minute long dominion game and everyone was amazed by everyone else's play and they say "honor for everyone"?

Veni13

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genericke View Post
In blind pick mode. Please make sure you never honor them, whether they're on your team or the enemy team.
Yes.

NamKim

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
What if you had a 32 minute long dominion game and everyone was amazed by everyone else's play and they say "honor for everyone"?
If a person deserves honor, I will honor them. But the chances of me honoring them after they say something about giving honor will make me want to honor them less. Honor should be something that you should do in private. You give it because it is that little "pat in the back" that people might not know who gave it but they know there is someone who thinks they did good.

But I digress.

If you play the cheesecake tier champions, you have to do something really good for me to give you honor. Like someone on my team is doing really poorly and making a ton of mistakes. If the person playing Jayce or Kass spends the game cheering that guy on and telling him not to give up, I think that person deserves honor even though she is playing Kass/Jayce.

But my thing with honor is, it's nice, but not important. The more you care about honor, the more you need to wonder if you are being respectful hoping to get honor or are you just respectful to begin with. I am respectful to others since I am not a great player, so I only ask others to play to the best of their abilities. If I do someday become really good, then I will remember that I used to not be so good and still be nice to others and still only ask they play to the best of their abilities. My motto is "I don't care how good you are. But you better come in with a good attitude."

I feel that the more honorable you are, the less you care about honor. You don't need a number to tell you that you are doing good. You only need to know that you were doing good. Although, people falsely blaming me for stuff will still piss me off in the inside. But I keep that to myself since I know the chances of me playing with him again is low (at least at my elo).

Edit: Thumbs up and downs are an entirely different story. I'm a thumbs-up who re...

Tasao

10-28-2012

The Glassadins are alright. Lucky for us nobody knows how to build Kass right so he's normally very squishy.
Otherwise, I'd want to add Jax and especially Ezreal to the honorless category.

Tempestphile

10-29-2012

well, you dont have to,but i put Darius there also

afterall, he makes the game very boring

Veni13

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasao View Post
The Glassadins are alright. Lucky for us nobody knows how to build Kass right so he's normally very squishy.
Otherwise, I'd want to add Jax and especially Ezreal to the honorless category.
Glassadins? Once you get into higher elo, you'll see the type of Kasssadin (Tankadin) that OP is referring to.

Redenbacher

10-29-2012

While I understand the distaste for these champions in Blind Pick, I feel honor distribution is completely independent of the champion chosen.

Someone could simply really enjoy Dominion, and really enjoy Kassadin without comprehending how powerful he is on the game mode. They could also be friendly, helpful, and work with the team. I'd be more inclined to give that individual honor than the really good Alistar player that berates his teammates for poor plays.

I had played against a Darius the other day who completely dominated the game and carried harder than both of his carries. At the end, he said, 'I really love the way Darius plays, I just wish I wasn't perceived as an ******* for playing him.' I really can't blame the person for playing their favorite champion, no matter how broken they may be.

On the other hand, you have summoners that only play those champions because they know they're broken. To them, no honor... but that's not because of the champion itself but because of the intentions behind the selection.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post

On the other hand, you have summoners that only play those champions because they know they're broken. To them, no honor... but that's not because of the champion itself but because of the intentions behind the selection.

But you can't tell the difference between them and champions who are Honest like the Darius you are referring in your example, so as far as it goes no Honor for Jax and Darius from my part, Yorick is not seen at my Elo and every Jayce (including me) fails miserably.

Imho Honor should be a thing that's deserved, for example i never Honor windmill commanders, specially those WIndmill commanders that sit at top being visible the whole game and "directing" or rather Force Ordering their team to do stuff, sometimes even raging in all chat. Windmill commanding is a Strategy that loses games and i never Honor it, no matter what.

Redenbacher

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
But you can't tell the difference between them and champions who are Honest like the Darius you are referring in your example, so as far as it goes no Honor for Jax and Darius from my part, Yorick is not seen at my Elo and every Jayce (including me) fails miserably.
That's basically the same argument media companies make for DRM in their battle against piracy. Punish everyone with DRM, because you don't know who is a pirate and who isn't.

In the end, the only people that suffer are the innocent.

I'll dole out my honor on a case by case basis. A Kassadin can still communicate with the team and work towards common objectives. A Jayce can still save teammates and complement opponents.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

You play dominion and do not know kass and jayce are broken? good joke.