Teemo too stupid.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotAsBadAsYou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Alright I will say it Teemo is OP. On Dominion it's fine as all the map objectives are not hid by fog of war. However w/ the 2 altars being in FOG and Vilemaw being in fog you can't really beat 1 team having wards. These are not traps/shaco jitbs/TF ult these are just wards. I don't think the way this map works currently he is anything close to fair.

My suggested fixes are:
1. Make wards buyable. This is something that might prolong game play but is too important to be missing from this map. How on earth am I supposed to know if the enemy team is taking Vilemaw outside of traps/Teemo shrooms.
2. Remove vision from Noxious Trap. I don't mind hitting shrooms. What is far worse is not hitting the shrooms and the enemy team having vision.
3. Put a hard cap on the number of shrooms. No more than 3. This at least gives the enemy team a chance to knock them out or have an idea of where they might be.

Dondestaelbano

10-28-2012

QQ

SaveTheMaids

10-28-2012

He is kind of annoying to deal with... especially if he's AP/AS.

Got ace'd by a Teemo 3 times in the last game I played against him.
The only reason we won is because late game we caught the vile creature alone in our jungle laying shrooms.

I probably bought like 8 oracle's that game.
It was the most frustrating, rage-inducing match I've ever actually won since I started playing this game.

The most dangerous thing isn't the fact that you run into shrooms constantly, it's the ones that you don't hit... letting the entire enemy team consistently know your position. Because of this they can afford to play more aggressively, and if it doesn't go well they just retreat while you run into shrooms all day.

It would be nice if the active on the TT lantern could be switched with Wriggles.
Or perhaps they could add wards, but just limit the amount bought to like 1 or 2.

BenevolenTT

10-28-2012

Don't take this the wrong way but, play smart. A teemo will never be a problem if you think like a teemo player. Be weary of bushes, take unconventional paths to insure you don't get hit by the shrooms, get a sweeper or a lantern, for the price its great for early to mid game damage and sustain. The active reveals stealth units. So never try and cap a point or take Vilemaw until you pop dust on it so you can safely remove the shrooms.

Teemo was only difficult for me the first game I played on the new TT as I was learning the ropes, but he is in my opinion more vulnerable in this map. Teemos can no longer feel safe stealthed in bushes as I can pop a free vision ward of the entire area revealing him and his dastardly mines. :3

Joe Krake

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenevolenTT View Post
Don't take this the wrong way but, play smart. A teemo will never be a problem if you think like a teemo player. Be weary of bushes, take unconventional paths to insure you don't get hit by the shrooms, get a sweeper or a lantern, for the price its great for early to mid game damage and sustain. The active reveals stealth units. So never try and cap a point or take Vilemaw until you pop dust on it so you can safely remove the shrooms.

Teemo was only difficult for me the first game I played on the new TT as I was learning the ropes, but he is in my opinion more vulnerable in this map. Teemos can no longer feel safe stealthed in bushes as I can pop a free vision ward of the entire area revealing him and his dastardly mines. :3

Oh good so I have to wait a whole minute for an active item and hope there's a mushroom in that spot to counter one ability on one champion who can easily replace the damn thing.

you Know what else isn't cool? how a teemo can completely negate the speed buff for the other team by putting a mushroom on it.

BenevolenTT

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Krake View Post
Oh good so I have to wait a whole minute for an active item and hope there's a mushroom in that spot to counter one ability on one champion who can easily replace the damn thing.

you Know what else isn't cool? how a teemo can completely negate the speed buff for the other team by putting a mushroom on it.
Who do you play as and how many games have you played on the new TT? You don't need to be the only one on your team with a vision item. And if you're going to stay in jungle for an extended time, or your team is doing vilemaw, buy an oracles to clear it before proceeding. If you're upset that you've been spotted by the other team than you should be doing vilemaw when it's safe (ie Ace). Unfortunately I've stumbled across this during my experience of playing the new 3s. People have lost their common sense. If you know there's a teemo, and you know the little guy is planting shrooms in an area, why do you still go through it? If you play smart you won't need to worry about shrooms..

I think this is hilarious that a once considered "most underused and underappreciated" champion is being labeled absolutely OP.

QQing about a hamster :P

Redenbacher

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAsBadAsYou View Post
These are not traps/shaco jitbs/TF ult these are just wards.
The sight range is pitiful. They don't see anything that hasn't already ran in to one. How is that any different from Nidalee's trap that she gets at (potentially) level 1?

Quote:
My suggested fixes are:
1. Make wards buyable. This is something that might prolong game play but is too important to be missing from this map. How on earth am I supposed to know if the enemy team is taking Vilemaw outside of traps/Teemo shrooms.
Map awareness.
  • Enemy team alive and high(ish) level? Check.
  • Enemy team not in-lane? Check.
  • Vilemaw alive? Check.
Better visit Vilemaw.

Quote:
2. Remove vision from Noxious Trap. I don't mind hitting shrooms. What is far worse is not hitting the shrooms and the enemy team having vision.
See above with regard to Nidalee's trap. Furthermore, removing vision from it won't matter because of Hextech Sweeper. If you're not buying this as Teemo, I highly recommend you start doing so.

Quote:
3. Put a hard cap on the number of shrooms. No more than 3. This at least gives the enemy team a chance to knock them out or have an idea of where they might be.
Map-specific champion balance is out of the question. Riot has made this clear numerous times due to the burden of knowledge on players.

I suggest learning how to work around it, or have a decoy tank champion with sustain (like Alistar, Malphite, Nunu) eat the mushrooms for the team with little consequence and/or use them to lure the enemy in to a trap: You know they know where you are. Use it against them.

Blixzter

10-28-2012

Learn to buy oracles kid.

DJ Radix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Quote:
If you remove vision from the noxious traps then there needs to be a TT-specific teemo buff to compensate. You're taking away one of the highlights of his kit.

I don't want to see them make him unplayable.

EDIT: Same for 3. If you nerf teemo on TT, you need to buff him somewhere else on TT to compensate.

Honestly I don't think that's a good idea... I don't like the notion of having champions with different stats on different maps.

Fenthis

10-28-2012

Just to point out Vilemaws lair is true sight so even if teemo had a mushroom it would be dead without detonating i would honestly just hide in vilemaws lair after killing it to see if the yordle comes back to shroom it again then assassinate him. :P it would be just as pointless to ward it i would walk in and claim free 25g yay.

Warding Vilemaw is horrible justification that leaves warding the lower end jungle and the lane brush which really isn't many options for warding. sadly i just feel TT is too small for wards and there would be too much passive gameplay if they allowed wards.

Ideally they would have to make TT wards specifically for the purpose of not granting too much vision and killing desired to roam gank and create some excitement.

On a side note teemo's mushrooms have rubbish vision anyway