Windows 8 League of Legends Crash

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sunderfenix

10-28-2012

I just installed windows 8 yesterday and had LoL intact from my secondary drive. I'm pretty sure I didn't have any problems running it when I built my latest computer and installed it at the start of the this year from my previous build. It updated with no problem and the client worked but whenever I attempt to start a game the program if run in different compatibility modes it still won't work. Windows 7 and XP cause it to go completely unresponsive Black whereas Vista allows me to use anything but the desktop window.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

EDIT: I'd thought that I'd add the obvious fixes, yes my computer is up to date which includes my video card's driver.

Pr0p4g4t0r

10-28-2012

Are you getting a bug splat after champion select? This seems like the same problem i'm having. Game even worked fine on windows 8 release preview... now that i'm on RTM it doesn't work at all. I get a bug splat right after going full screen.

Sunderfenix

10-28-2012

No Just goes dark. I have to manually restart the computer.

1gLasitude

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhammin View Post
Are you getting a bug splat after champion select? This seems like the same problem i'm having.
Same here, tried reconnecting several times, doesn't work.

OokamiNoSora

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

I only have one issue so far every few games after the game ends and normally takes you to the scoreboard my game will just disapear im guessing its crashing but it never says anything it just disapears

VonSabreWulf

11-05-2012

im having the same problem, is this a windows 8 bug or the clients fault?

IncompleteWar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

i have had a similar problem but instead of bug splat i get adobe launcher has stopped working( what my pc calls league when its in game or champ select). i have been knocked out of champ select out of games and not allowed back in. the pc im using normaly gives me from 45-60 fps and my lag is usualy in the 30s so it has nothing to do with the pc or the internet also im corded so no problem there. any help riot would be appreciated

whackstainer

12-09-2012

I am having a similar problem. I just updated to the new patch of league and before it I could run league easily. Now if I click on League the logo pops up quick then disappears and nothing happens. Ive tried different compatabilities and nothings worked

BostBaByPetch

Master Recruiter

12-09-2012

I had a similar problem but now I use windows 7 to play LOL

JHaasie77

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhammin View Post
Are you getting a bug splat after champion select? This seems like the same problem i'm having. Game even worked fine on windows 8 release preview... now that i'm on RTM it doesn't work at all. I get a bug splat right after going full screen.
I have the same issue. Worked fine with 7, now it doesn't work with 8. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, allowed it through my firewall, and updated DirectX. nothing seems to work.