TT2 New Meta Advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Monkey Sage

10-28-2012

After losing an abhorrent amount of matches on TT2 with friends, I decided to take a time out and analyze the new meta. Obviously I'm not a TT pro but these tips should help out most of the people who just can't get the hang of this new map after playing old TT so much.

*Jungle Defensively
Having a player on your team jungle is almost required now, providing more gold, and experience to your team as well as seeing any incoming ganks before they happen. And squishy champion should prefer this role, since it makes them less target-able for ganks and lets them aid either two lanes at fairly short notice.
Also remember to deny enemy minion camps by leaving 1 monster with the smallest reward alive, so the camp will not respawn until the enemy notices and resets it.
I should also mention ANY squishy champion should either have clarvoyance, new wriggle, or BOTH.
Another thing to note is that Teemo is tier one for this position the way the game is now. The fact that stealth detection is so hard wrought and the lack of wards makes his mushrooms completely indispensable.

*Red pots give increased damage to turrets! This is probably obvious, but some players may have missed that. remember to activate them as soon as you're attacking the towers!

* SMITE AND CLARVOYANCE! with 3 players you should have at least 2 smites and 2 clarvoyances, prefurably with smite mastery, this will give you Extra gold and much greater control over the abundant minion camps, and allow you do deny the enemy minions. Even having smite to take out enemy minion tanks is well enough! Also works on that nasty new vilemaw, who is ridiculous compared to the old dragon.
Clairvoyance is also completely indispensable on a map with no wards, Don't short change the usefulness of this spell!
Flash escapes have been almost completely removed from this map compared to TT1, the walls are all wider and farther apart, which makes flash at least x2 less effective then it was, so please consider that when deciding the priority of the summoner spells you take.

*Team comp!
Everyone's talking about Tankys being the meta, the reason this is, is because when a team fight breaks out, the first team to lose a champion is at a total disadvantage, so it makes sense that having all your champions being tanky will make it a lot harder for this to be a problem, THAT BEING SAID going full team tanky is NOT necessary! Just having 1 tank who is able to protect his allies and offer aura buffs is a fantastic way to allow your team mates to play carry champions. If your tank can protect and support a DPS monster who is playing smart, you'll have much better damage and be able to take out one of the enemies team before any of yours go down, giving you the advantage!
Use global Ults! Any champions that allow you to jump into team fights at short notice or deal with enemy's from extreme range is perfect for a map that is almost nothing but ganks. Champions like Nocturne, and Shen are obvious, but even champions like rammus or hecarim, that have the movespeed to get to a team fight in seconds will also work very well!

After thinking about all this, my wild guess at a tier 1 team for TT would be something like
#1 Teemo: currently the BEST on TT, as long as the map stays as it is, he will ALWAYS be the best

#2 Shen: beefy mobile tank, who is wonderful at support and can protect allies and jump into team fights like it's his profession. probably the best support/tank/tanky available for the map as it is now, even more so then on TT1

#3 Malphite/Galio: Two of the meanest tanks in the game, obvious team fight capabilities and support abilities, combined with auras will give your team the best survivability possible.

Like I said this is just my own personal analysis and I'm sure there's more to learn, obviously control over the alters is a big thing, but I think if you just stick to jungling defensively and realize the alters grant vision of you when you are capturing them, so don't be aggressive unless the enemy team is all accounted for, or your team is planning a counter gank!

Hope this guide helps, I'm sure there's a lot of overlap with TT2 and TT1, but frankly I think this map is more exciting, and I'd hate to see it changed into a repeat of 5v5 just because the dedicated players want something familiar. Fast paced action is fun! 8}

GL HF
GG

chaser676

10-28-2012

Double smite seems like the worst idea I've heard since double clairvoyance.

The Monkey Sage

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser676 View Post
Double smite seems like the worst idea I've heard since double clairvoyance.
It is just a "guide" after all. Im sure everyone has their own preferences.

Ryuzaki xD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Heres my view on what you suggested:
*Jungling-I agree on having a jungler,camps give good gold and fast respawn times.
*Smite and clairvoyance- dont like the idea of clairvoyance at all,long cd. 1 smite is probably ok,but to be honest since there are no mobs that give buffs(other than spider) its usefulness is reduced and is just good for fast clears.You would be much better off with ignite,flash,ghost almost any other spell over cv.
*Your team comp idea is ok,recently Ive had success running 3 bruisers(all ad).With the addition of new items like van damms pillager and blade of the ruined king this works really well.Can also run 2 bruisers and 1 ap as well.